The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

What drugs falls under Drive under drugs?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, May 13 2016 11:47 AM by Drew. 5 replies.
  • Thu, May 12 2016 11:36 PM

• Andy100
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 12 2016
    • Posts 1

Angry [:@] What drugs falls under Drive under drugs?

Hello,

I'm bipolar, and my doctor has prescibed me LSD, a hallucinogen. I read in this blog http://www.torontodefencelawyers.com/blog/driving-and-drugs/driving-influence-drugs-ontario-can-charged/ that driving under prescribed drugs, is equally punishable and falls under drive under drugs. Does LSD comes under this? Am I not to drive while using LSD? 

• Fri, May 13 2016 6:47 AM In reply to

Re: What drugs falls under Drive under drugs?

It's against the law to drive under the influence of aspirin if it effects your ability to drive as a sober person.  So, yes driving under the influence of LSD will get you a DUI if a cop pulls you over based upon your driving....

• Fri, May 13 2016 7:58 AM In reply to

This seems like a ridiculous drug to prescribe you if you drive. LSD will impair you so if you choose to medicate yourself with this drug you must not drive and need to start using a ride share company. This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Give up your car if you are going to take this drug.

• Fri, May 13 2016 8:41 AM In reply to

Maybe I missed something, but a quick google search indicates that it's not legal to prescribe LSD in the U.S. or Canada.

Beyond that, of course, it can be illegal to drive while under the influence of a prescription drug.  Whether a drug is prescribed or illegal, if it impacts your ability to drive, it is illegal to drive while under the influence, and I can't conceive that sane person would think it might be ok to drive while under the influence of LSD.

• Fri, May 13 2016 10:10 AM In reply to

Looks like poster is in Canada. Pretty simple. Take the drug an do not drive. With all the treatment options avail for depression I cannot imagine why anyone would take LSD.

• Fri, May 13 2016 11:47 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,431

it may take 24+ hours for your system to clear ...do NOT drive anytime soon! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community