The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

MOLD FOUND BEHIND CONDO SHOWER......SO WHO PAYS FOR WHAT?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Aug 16 2016 9:18 AM by ca19lawyer2. 1 replies.
  • Mon, Aug 15 2016 9:02 PM

• matt434
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • CA
    • Posts 2

MOLD FOUND BEHIND CONDO SHOWER......SO WHO PAYS FOR WHAT?

Hi. Very simple, without a long-winded story.

My wife and I bought a condo. We've been there for 6 months.  California.  We wanted to redo the shower.  The guy came in to do the work, and found mold.  The mold guy came out, and then another mold guy (2nd opinion), and they told us the mold is behind our shower, and it's in the wall that's shared between us and our neighbor.  Also, they said the mold goes up through the wall, to the guy's bathroom above us.  We had no idea.  We just moved there & decided to redecorate.  We're in a hotel right now, because our bathroom is all torn up, of course.  Who pays for the work that needs to be done to the neighbor's wall, & the guy's bathroom above us?  We already called our insurance company, & we don't have mold insurance. I know, I know, we should've gotten it.  But it's too late to talk about it now, so where do we go from here?  If the neighbor has to go to a hotel, who pays for that?  We've written to the HOA and they didn't reply back.  It's been 2 days. 

So bottomline:  who pays for what, & what if the neighbors don't want to make repairs?  The mold guys told us that the mold can only be taken care of, if it's removed everywhere, not just our unit.  So what if the neighbors refuse to repair things?  Now what?  Thank you in advance to whoever can answer me.

• Tue, Aug 16 2016 9:18 AM In reply to

Re: MOLD FOUND BEHIND CONDO SHOWER......SO WHO PAYS FOR WHAT?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community