The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

What will happen now?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:34 PM by JamyeP. 4 replies.
  • Thu, Nov 10 2016 7:52 AM

• MeganEMurry
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 10 2016
    • NJ
    • Posts 2

What will happen now?

I live in New Jersey, About a year ago I was arrested with roughly a gram of weed. Got conditional discharge. Violated probation with a failed drug test. Haven't heard from probation or the courts since; it ha been a long time. I paid all my fines on my first court appearance. Will this just go away? Did I slip through the cracks?

• Thu, Nov 10 2016 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: What will happen now?

No one on this or any other message board has factual information about your case.

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 1:12 PM In reply to

• MeganEMurry
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 10 2016
    • NJ
    • Posts 2

I guess what I am asking is does it normally take this long to issue a new court date. I feel like I would have seen something by now. 

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 1:37 PM In reply to

Probably a reasonable supposition.  You appear to be in NJ, and, to the best of my knowledge, none of the regulars who post here are from NJ (much less attorneys who practice criminal law).  You might want to contact the attorney who handled your case and ask (or, if you didn't have an attorney, contact a local criminal defense attorney).

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:34 PM In reply to

If a violation of probation was filed with the court, they'd just issue a warrant for your arrest, not send you a letter.  I'd go to the courthouse to look at the court file and/or consult a local attorney.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community