The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Wells Fargo Bank Illegal student loan practices

Latest post Wed, Jun 21 2017 4:56 PM by CCX008. 20 replies.
  • Tue, May 16 2017 10:51 AM In reply to

• CCX008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 30 2012
    • PA
    • Posts 45

Re: !Re: Wells Fargo Bank Illegal student loan practices

It's a basic FYI and information , call it a rant or whatever but it sure confirms all the illegal actions the bank did and how it is facing major lawsuits again and again..it's not over ..

• Tue, May 16 2017 11:28 AM In reply to

CCX008:
    but it sure confirms all the illegal actions the bank did

I'm not sure what "it" refers to here, but the fact that a city council voted to change the bank that handles the city's payroll certainly does not "confirm[] [any alleged] illegal actions" -- particularly not anything relating to student loans.

• Tue, May 16 2017 11:53 AM In reply to

• CCX008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 45

looks like you are online live, yes not related to studentloans but goes with it !! :

WFB :

Those alleged loans included "lender credit" loans that involve the bank paying the borrower's closing costs in exchange for receiving a loan with a higher interest rate. According to the city's lawsuit, the borrower has to continue to pay the higher interest rate long after the "lender credits" have been repaid, generating additional revenue for Wells Fargo with no additional benefits for the borrower.

"The City of Philadelphia's investigation revealed that both the resources of the city and the lives of Philadelphia's citizens have been negatively affected by Wells Fargo's discriminatory lending practices," City Solicitor Sozi Pedro Tulante said in a statement. "The law department must take action in light of this evidence and halt these discriminatory practices on behalf of the citizens of Philadelphia."

Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) strongly denied the allegations in a statement.

• Tue, May 16 2017 11:55 AM In reply to

• CCX008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 45

on another note make sure to file your claims for roboccalls :

Welcome to the Prather v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Settlement Website

United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia Case No. 1:15-cv-042310-SCJ (N.D. Ga.)
    IF YOU RECEIVED A CALL OR TEXT FROM WELLS FARGO ON YOUR CELLULAR TELEPHONE IN CONNECTION WITH A STUDENT LOAN BY MEANS OF AN AUTOMATIC TELEPHONE DIALING SYSTEM AND/OR AN ARTIFICIAL OR PRERECORDED VOICE, YOU COULD RECEIVE A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.

https://tinyurl.com/nxnbkc6

Filing a Claim

You may file your Claim Form online or you may generate a personalized Claim Form to print and mail using this website.
    Class Members who wish to file a claim must complete this form online or by mail postmarked no later than July 31, 2017.

• Wed, May 17 2017 10:00 AM In reply to

• CCX008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 45

one more "illegal" action , they keep coming in ..

Philadelphia sues Wells Fargo, alleging housing discrimination
    The city is charging that Wells Fargo pushed minorities into loans that carried higher fees.
    The bank denied the charges and said it will 'vigorously' defend itself.
    Philadelphia recently severed its relationship for Wells Fargo to handle its payroll account.

@JeffCoxCNBCcom

• Wed, Jun 21 2017 4:56 PM In reply to

• CCX008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 45

https://www.reddit.com...

well thanks for keepin it online bro, however it just shows what scam and bribery we are all in with this student loan trap ***(student loan slaves)...yeah debt slavery exist somehow in this country..then again yess I am a nutjob or you can call me Orson welles...just talked to Al Lord and he sayss : I don't give a *** as long as I can keep playin on my golfclub in NJ...I met trumpl last week.....

https://tinyurl.com/y7qlo4xd

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community