The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Need Advice on Divorce

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:47 AM by flawsch. 4 replies.
  • Tue, Jan 3 2017 10:32 PM

Need Advice on Divorce

Hello,
    My marriage was for about 1 and half year and in between i came to know she has extra marital affair with person in his office who is also married. I tried many times but still its the same and after that i finally decided to leave her and don't want to start as if there is no meaning in such relationship. Firstly their family and she agreed for mutual agreement with our cast's respected members sign and after that about 2 months she denied for same and finally she filed a case for No 9 restitution of conjugal rights and shes claiming for Rs 10 lacs for Divorce.
    I do have proof of phone call logs as well email where she writes to the person in his office about love & etc.
    its now more than 1 and half year we have got separated she also demands that my family is harrasing him and after that she has left the job and claiming for ailmony as well the money from start to till date for lawyer, etc.
    i also do have income proof that she has never left the job till date and she is working.
    i have hired a lawyer my friends have suggested to file a case for Divorce and lawyer is saying to wait for some time because if we file for divorce she will file for DV case and my family can come into problem.
    at the time she left and we decided for mutual understanding agreement she has taken all his jewellery, clothes, etc. and now she is claiming that jewellery are with us.
    i am confused and scared now what to do

• Tue, Jan 3 2017 10:49 PM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,478

Re: Need Advice on Divorce

What state is this happening in?

Listen to your attorney is the best suggestion since your post is very confusing.

• Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:33 AM In reply to

Are you even in the US? No state listed. You have a very short term marriage so I would fight the alimony plus she had an affair which is grounds in some states to not get any but alimony is for longer marriages.

Talk to your attorney. You and your family should just stop talking to her. Be glad you have no kids with her if that is the case.

• Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:09 AM In reply to

Rajesh Shah:
    My marriage was for about 1 and half year and in between i came to know she has extra marital affair with person in his office who is also married.

Huh?  "SHE has extra marital affair with [a] person in HIS office"?  Is "she" your wife?  If so, to whom does "his" refer?  You also wrote "in between."  In between what?

Rajesh Shah:
    I tried many times

Tried to do what?

Rajesh Shah:
    and don't want to start as if there is no meaning in such relationship.

Huh?

Rajesh Shah:
    their family and she agreed for mutual agreement with our cast's respected members sign and after that about 2 months she denied for same and finally she filed a case for No 9 restitution of conjugal rights and shes claiming for Rs 10 lacs for Divorce.

This is almost completely unintelligible.  "Their family"?  What does "agreement with our cast's respected members" mean?  What is "a case for No. 9 restitution?  "Rs 10 lacs for Divorce"?  These aren't even words or real things.

Rajesh Shah:
    i am confused and scared now what to do

I didn't even bother trying to comprehend the second half of your post, but you obviously should consult with a divorce attorney.

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:47 AM In reply to

• flawsch
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2017
    • NJ
    • Posts 3

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community