The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Exceeding 80% Rule

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:00 AM by AttyMcGill. 2 replies.
  • Mon, Jan 23 2017 12:07 PM

• Riccardo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 23 2017
    • VA
    • Posts 2

Exceeding 80% Rule

Hi my questions, I turn 60 in three years in November, though I will be 59 most of the year.  Does this mean I can exceed the 80% earnings limitations rule the year I turn 60?  Opm stops send ing the income questionnaire in spring after I turn 60, so not sure what basis they use to use to stop income survey when one turns 60.

Additionally what if I lose disability pension do to exceeding 80% rule, I lose the pension and health insurance.  when I turn 62 will I be given health insurance with my regular Fers pension?

Thanks.

• Mon, Jan 23 2017 2:52 PM In reply to

• Riccardo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 23 2017
    • VA
    • Posts 2

Re: Exceeding 80% Rule

Clarifying my question, what year can I exceed 80%, the year I start at age 59 and  turn 60 on November, or the following year when I start at age 60 turn 61 in November?

• Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:00 AM In reply to

Re: Exceeding 80% Rule

To be on the safe side, you should wait until the following year.  If you receive the income questionnaire the year following turning age 60, that will tell you that it is wise to wait that extra year.

Sincerely, Robert R. McGill, Esquire

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community