SSDI Representitive Payee

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:47 AM by Shirschberg. 19 replies.
  • Wed, Feb 1 2017 8:45 PM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,431

Re: SSDI Representitive Payee

The point I am making is that under your plan the representative payee will retain the and the responbility to SSA without control of the money they are responsible for and should you require a conservator or another representative payee in the future, your current representative payee could be sued or called for reimbursement by SSA for your mishandling the money he has no control over. And yes he will still have to fiel annual reports.

• Thu, Feb 2 2017 7:45 AM In reply to

Shirschberg:

What if my Representitive Payee remained as is, and my Representivive Payeee just called SS and gave them differant bank information for my direct deposits?

In other words I keep my Representive Payee (and dont have to prove anything), and my Representitive Payeee has my direct deposits switched to my personal checking account?

If that meant your RP was no longer making the decisions but was hiding that fact from the SSA, he would be committing fraud.

• Thu, Feb 2 2017 4:22 PM In reply to

I will call SS and hopefully they will speak with me directly, if not I will put my RP on the phone with them.

If required, I now do have a doctors note I can submit to SS.

• Thu, Feb 2 2017 8:04 PM In reply to

Shirschberg:
    If required, I now do have a doctors note I can submit to SS

That's great!

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:47 AM In reply to

I spoke with SS and was informed I would have to go to my SS office (walk-in, no appt.) and waite.  I need to show supporting medical documentation and make an application to be my own representitive. 

They do not take appointments, you have to go, sit & wait.  They sure dont make this easy - I'm happy I'm no longer classified as disabled - I hate to think of the hardship in getting this done if I were disabled & not retired!

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community