Homeowner Theft Claim

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:12 AM by Drew. 2 replies.
  • Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:34 PM

• phepee
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 4 2009
    • KS
    • Posts 17

Homeowner Theft Claim

I have two questions.. Is it standard procedure for homeowner theft claim to go to SIU? Also if you are the homeowner and dont have a copy of your deed to show ownership cant the adjuster or SIU get that information them self? I have a copy of tax statement showing I'm owner

• Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Homeowner Theft Claim

phepee:
    Is it standard procedure for homeowner theft claim to go to SIU?

"Standard practice" varies from company to company, but the answer to your question obviously depends on what exactly you mean by "homeowner theft claim."  From quickly skimming some of your comments in the other thread you started relating to this topic, it appears that there are facts that make the claim suspicious such that the carrier might involve SIU.

phepee:
    if you are the homeowner and dont have a copy of your deed to show ownership cant the adjuster or SIU get that information them self?

Probably.

• Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:12 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,368

Re: Homeowner Theft Claim

Ditto as to above....were I insurance firm I'd 3X check your claim  --may be OK may be fine ..but in your shoes, I'd supply whatever was asked 

BTW local to me a name on a tax bill is not per se confirmation of deeded ownership..and I dont know what the word homeowner means in insurance circles.... .

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community