I am new and looking for some help

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Mar 5 2017 11:47 PM by Taxagent. 1 replies.
  • Sun, Mar 5 2017 10:41 PM

• adalynhere
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 5 2017
    • Posts 1

I am new and looking for some help

Hi,

I am here to ask for some advice. I am new to Canada. I had to join at my new workplace last week. But, I fell from the slippery floor of a supermarket just a few days after I arrived here, and I have sustained some injuries. My hip is broken, and the doctors have told me that I will have to rest for at least one month. So, I will not be able to join, because I am physically unfit. I am planning to go against the supermarket authorities because they had not kept any sign board indicating that the floor was wet and slippery. So, it is due to their negligence that I am injured now. I am really worried as to what I will do now. I have no income, and I am afraid I might lose my job too. I read about slip and fall injury cases here, https://www.campisilaw.ca/slips-and-falls/. I would like to know, what are the chances of succeeding since I am not a Canadian citizen? Some compensation would surely be of help for me now. Looking forward to some expert advice on this. Thank you. 

• Sun, Mar 5 2017 11:47 PM In reply to

Re: I am new and looking for some help

adalynhere:
    I would like to know, what are the chances of succeeding since I am not a Canadian citizen?

The same as if you were a Canadian citizen. Your right to sue the store is the same as any Canadian citizen. You will need to consult a Canadian lawyer who handles personal injury cases in the area where the store is located to get an informed opinion on the merits of your case and what you might expect to win. These boards focus on U.S. law so we cannot help with the details of your case. Good luck.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community