Purchased car w/ Ford extended service plan, plan is invalid

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, Mar 22 2017 6:52 AM by OliviasMom. 17 replies.
  • Tue, Mar 21 2017 5:05 PM In reply to

Re: Purchased car w/ Ford extended service plan, plan is invalid

FraWin:
    In reviewing the details of my situation, is it the opinion of the community that I should be able to win this in small claims court?

As I wrote previously:  "It sounds like the deal was for the car and the tranfer of warranty for whatever you paid for it.  The seller delivered the car but not the warranty.  You're entitled to the benefit of the bargain, so I think you probably have a strong claim for either the cost of the warranty or a refund (or outright rescission of the deal)."  I'll leave it to you to combine what I wrote with what others wrote to decide what "the opinion of the community" is.

FraWin:
    Is my printout of the Craigslist ad sufficient? or should I request a copy direct from Craigslist after I file?

I don't understand the distinction you're drawing, but I imagine your printout should be sufficient unless the other party claims you've altered the ad in some way.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:04 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,403

I think you know the answer to that question ....and also the question of getting it if you do nothing .

If I promise you X + Y and take your money and deliver X but refuse to deliver Y...you might be smart to read state issues as to theft by deception and fraud ...

Do NOT make threats like pay me$3000/deliver the plan or else I report you to law enforcement ...that may be a form of extortion...don't go there with threats ......

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 6:52 AM In reply to

Your print out of the ad should be fine. In the meantime save all correspondence between you and him. Small claims is cheap and informal. Even if you win the judgement you may have troule collecting it. If he is employed you may be able to submit a wage garnishment if he does not pay. If he does not work you may have a more difficult time. Still the judgement will show on his credit.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community