I need a lawyers response

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Apr 4 2017 12:40 PM by CJ. 31 replies.
  • Mon, Mar 27 2017 8:20 AM

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 27 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 27

Should I sue an individual or individuals who kept starting stuff. The stuff includes many different forms of slander. At the time the individuals were going to all lengths to try and ruin my life. I spent a few months in another state and it appeared I already had a reputation because of this person. This person has made everything an inconvience for me. Such as deciding where I should take my bachelors and he has also damaged my dating life. He damaged that way back to the point where I didn't even want to date girls for my own self respect. Instead of everything being a smooth transition from an associates to a bachelors it is an annoyance. If I transfer to an out of state college my tuition goes up for a year and that means no college for a year basicly wasting more of my time. I figure I think about it now before it is to long to consider. You can imagine how hard it would be as a 22 year old male with no job skills trying to get around. This person or group of indivduals have costed me a lot. Even if I went to the out of state college it would be a matter of waiting a year and finding a job out in the possible sticks. Now I can not prove all this stuff. It is hard to prove slander, and at the time the individual was willing to do anything to make the slander look like a lie or was not true.

• Mon, Mar 27 2017 9:48 AM In reply to

Re: I need a lawyers response

Ashton1992:

Then you need to call one up and make an appointment.

So far, there isn't enough in your post to even comment about whether you have grounds for a defamation lawsuit.

Who is the person or group of persons?

What damage has been done to your career and reputation?

And why didn't you just put an end to this relationship when it first became apparent that trouble was brewing? And why haven't you put an end to it still?

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:19 AM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

I did not put an end to it before because the person tried to keep lawyers from taking my case. I can not identify the person  or people because I do not know there names, and they made sure to keep me from getting it. I had made it clear one time I was going to get their names. There was slander saying I am trying to rape girls, and other worse ***. He wanted to ruin my dating life by getting girls to tell me to stay away. He ruined it all. It is racial because it was 4 black guys doing this *** to me the lone white guy. There is more too.

• Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:36 AM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

This person was as abd as it got. I seen this person be able to get someone to lie for him to cover his tracks. If I tried to sue there would just be the potential this person could get someone to lie for him. Point is he ruined my dating life I know he did and there is no way just because this person is good at hiding evidence should he get away with it. I had a life and he ruined it and you don't get many oppurtunities in life. I'm just adding on that dating is important to any guy not just me. I'd most likely be 28 or 29 by the time I would get to meet a woman because of this and there is still the chance it doesn't work out and I die alone because this person wanted to purposely ruin my life and make false lies about me seem true. So I will work hard to get my doctorate in nursing and just die by myself anyway.

• Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:43 AM In reply to

What does this have to do with criminal law?

Ashton1992:
    Should I sue an individual or individuals who kept starting stuff. The stuff includes many different forms of slander.

"Starting stuff" is not a recognized basis for a civil lawsuit.  Slander is.  Of course, lots of laypersons are confused about what slander is.  However, if someone is slandering you, you certainly may sue.  Whether you "should" so obviously involves considerations beyond the merits of the claim (e.g., whether you suffered any damages and whether the potential defendants have the means to pay any judgment you might obtain).

Ashton1992:
    I can not prove all this stuff.

Suing over things you know you cannot prove probably isn't a good idea.

Ashton1992:
    It is hard to prove slander, and at the time the individual was willing to do anything to make the slander look like a lie or was not true.

What this person "was willing to do" isn't relevant to anything.  What matters is what he did do.  If he slandered you, then proving it shouldn't be a problem.  You simply get the persons to who the slander was said to testify.

I strongly suggest you consult with a local attorney.

• Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:48 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    I did not put an end to it before because the person tried to keep lawyers from taking my case.

The question you were asked was "why didn't you just put an end to this relationship when it first became apparent that trouble was brewing? And why haven't you put an end to it still?"  To say that you didn't end the relationship and still haven't ended it "because the person tried to keep lawyers from taking [your] case" doesn't make any sense.

Ashton1992:
    I can not identify the person  or people because I do not know there names

What exactly is happening?  How is this alleged slander occurring?  You claim to know these people are black but you cannot otherwise identify them?

Ashton1992:
    It is racial because it was 4 black guys doing this *** to me the lone white guy.

What does "the lone white guy" mean?  Why do you assume it's racial just because the persons involved happen to have different skin color than you?  Do you just assume that any time there's a dispute between two persons of different "races" that the dispute must be racially motivated?

Ashton1992:
    There is more too.

Telling us "there is more" but then not telling us anything more is completely meaningless.

• Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:35 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

You would not happen to be assisting this guy would you? He has been known to send individuals on my posts. As a response I have seen all of them, but did not have the names, and it was told flat out no lawyers from my area would take my case. I  even had them say it way back. Some of that stuff came off as being rude or trying to claim i am wrong.

• Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:39 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

If it is not racial why was said person saying black people can do what they want? Why was he forcing white girls to date black guys. On top of the other *** i could post. 

• Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:42 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

You explain why 4 blacks would gang up on one white person?

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 5:26 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,415

WIth a very very big $$ retainer I'm sure you can get a lawyer seasoned at slander/libel litigation to address your plight . 

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:39 AM In reply to

Let me tell you someting about women. I know a lot about women, since I am one.

Women decide for themselves whether or not to accept a date from a guy. A woman might listen to other people's opinions about a guy, but would make the final decision based on what she sees in the guy.

If you are a nice guy, then nice girls will want to go out with you.

If you are consumed with crazy, baseless conspiracy theories, then nice girls will back off. It has nothing to do with what others are saying about you, but only with what you are saying about yourself.

I suggest you look into competent, reputable mental health services.  

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:51 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    You explain why 4 blacks would gang up on one white person?

Are you asking me to make up a fictional story?  Why would that be productive to anything?

In any event, this tells me that you are the sort of person who assumes that anything negative involving persons of different "races" is racially motivated.  Has it occurred to you that the plethora of hypothetical reasons "why 4 blacks would gang up on one white person" are exactly the same as the reasons why 4 whites would gang up on another white person?

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:54 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    You would not happen to be assisting this guy would you?

Well...I have no idea who "this guy" is, so I can't completely rule out the possibility that I'm "assisting" him, but I doubt it, and I'm certainly not posting here with any intent to assist anyone other than you.

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:55 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    If it is not racial why was said person saying black people can do what they want? Why was he forcing white girls to date black guys.

Why respond to my questions with pointless rhetorical questions based on facts not previously disclosed?

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:37 AM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

Racism does still exist. Just saying. I  seen him cause other white people problems, but it was always black people should be rewarded. Just food for thought.

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community