The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Sex orientation bullying, violation of student privacy

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:28 PM by Eve562. 3 replies.
  • Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:25 PM

• Eve562
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2017
    • CA
    • Posts 3

Angry [:@] Sex orientation bullying, violation of student privacy

My daughter is a 7th grader another student calls her  and her girlfriend unwanted names due to their sex orientation. They brought it up to the principle the student admits she did say that. Principle asks the student "what would you do if the tables were turned"? And she replies "i would have socked her". Than tells me that maybe my kid should stick up for herself. Worried about my daughter's safety I decide to sit in class with her. Now they can't hang out at school because the principle told the parents that she's gay. As far as the other student goes problem still at hand. My daughter started missing slot of school and had an anxiety attack. Do I have a case?

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: Sex orientation bullying, violation of student privacy

Eve562:
    Worried about my daughter's safety I decide to sit in class with her.

Wow...I don't think it would have been possible for you to do anything that would have made the situation worse than "sit[ting] in class with her."

Eve562:
    Do I have a case?

A case of what?  You can google something like "school bullying law in california," but I don't imagine there's a whole heck of a lot that's going to happen because of some name callling.  Also, it strikes me as more than a little inappropriate for a SEVENTH grader to be publicly announcing or displaying a SEXUAL orientation.  This might just be something your daughter has to deal with for the rest of the school year and then a change of schools may be in order.

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:24 PM In reply to

• Eve562
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • CA
    • Posts 3

No she did not announce it. The principle did. It's not just name calling tho it's has got physical

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:28 PM In reply to

• Eve562
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • CA
    • Posts 3

This is in California

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community