Is this legal

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:18 AM by ca19lawyer2. 9 replies.
  • Mon, Apr 10 2017 10:20 AM

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 27 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 27

Is this legal

Speaking hypothetically. If I post something on a forum that is widely used because I am trying to see if my rep is tarnished because someone was trying to tarnish it would that be a crime for someone to intentionally delete and then ban that post to cover it up? I will not go into detail, but let us just say the tarnishing of reputation was an intentional thing. Would that be a crime if a person was trying to get a lawyer and someone was trying to make it so lawyers would not take a persons case vs something that was serious? Is it legal for someone to intentionall make someone look like a liar even if they are telling the truth? I'm just asking a hypothetical question, and are these things even worse if the matter is a serious one.

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Is this legal

Ashton1992:
    Speaking hypothetically. If I post something on a forum that is widely used because I am trying to see if my rep is tarnished because someone was trying to tarnish it would that be a crime for someone to intentionally delete and then ban that post to cover it up?

No.

Ashton1992:
    I will not go into detail, but let us just say the tarnishing of reputation was an intentional thing. Would that be a crime if a person was trying to get a lawyer and someone was trying to make it so lawyers would not take a persons case vs something that was serious?

No crime there either.

If you want a lawyer you go hire one. Any lawyer will take your case based on the merits of the case and the size of your retainer check.

Ashton1992:
    Is it legal for someone to intentionall make someone look like a liar even if they are telling the truth?

Again, no crime there either. Nobody is going to get arrested for it.

I don't know where you are coming from with all this but I suggest you google "defamation" and study up on it. If you are being defamed you have the option of filing a lawsuit and seeking monetary damages.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Mon, Apr 10 2017 10:48 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    If I post something on a forum that is widely used because I am trying to see if my rep is tarnished because someone was trying to tarnish it would that be a crime for someone to intentionally delete and then ban that post to cover it up?

Depends on several facts that you didn't include in your post:  Who is the "someone" who did this?  Is he/she an owner or employee of the forum?  What exactly did the post say?  What is the difference between "delet[ing] and . . . ban[ning] [a] post"?

Ashton1992:
    Would that be a crime if a person was trying to get a lawyer and someone was trying to make it so lawyers would not take a persons case vs something that was serious?

Depends on what exactly the person is doing.

Ashton1992:
    Is it legal for someone to intentionall make someone look like a liar even if they are telling the truth?

Depends on what exactly is said and done.

Ashton1992:
    are these things even worse if the matter is a serious one.

Please explain the distinction between "serious" and non-"serious."

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 5:30 PM In reply to

Your posts on this forum are rambling and for the most part it is hard to tell what it is that you have in mind and what you want to know. You don't seem to even have a very clear idea of the exact facts for your hypotheticals. If you want to get real responses, try describing some specific situation (no real names, of course) — who did what to whom, when, and where. The classic stuff you learn to write if you ever took a journalism course.

Best as I can tell, your fact pattern here is that you make a post on some forum to test to see if your reputation was tarnished. You don't say, though, what it is that you posted or why you thought the post would help you achieve your goal. Then you say someone deleted your post, presumably one of the forum moderators or adminstrators, but again you don’t actually say who it was. You also do not say why the post was removed. Assuming that this was a privately owned (i.e. non government owned) site, the owners of that site have the right to decide what posts to allow on their site and what posts they will remove. So, you’d have no recourse for the removal of your post unless there is some contract between you and the site in which the site promises not to delete your posts.

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 5:56 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

I doubt my posts are rambling and as for the trying to offend me. I can type I just chose not to. Rambling is funny. I posted a serious issue asking abot damaging rep. I don't think it is rambling when someone is complaining about a person purposely destroying there rep. If you really want details I was trying to reveal as little as possible. The forum I posted on was city data. Asking if they heard info about the guy in the picture and I got a permanent ban on first post. I'll just add I got band for spamming, solicizing and something else that I did not do. I think it should be a crime to intentionally ban someone's post when they are asking for help because someone was trying to tarnish there rep in other states. I think it should be illegal for some to try to keep lawyers from taking a person's case because they want to keep getting away with what they are doing. I'll add this one I think it should be illegal for cops to try and run a person they are accusing out. I don't feel like typing more on my phone. You asked me to type this by saying I was rambling. Maybe this stuff should happen to you, so you can understand. Not saying it is occurring this moment.

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 7:00 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

Since I'm rambling I guess cops should be able to lie and say a ,3RD grader licked his moms foot and then call him a rapist. When the above is a lie. I guess that's rambling to. Might have been second grade. I guess it is then ok for them to make the kid look like the bad guy when he is just a kid. This is off topic but you offended me. Now even if a kid did do the above I don't think it is acceptable to accuse him of being a rapist. I guess it is then legal for them to accuse the person all the way into 6th grade and beyond. This is my mad speaking. Then I guess the cops should be defended after these accusations.

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 9:31 PM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

Since i'm still offended by that comment. I guess it would be legal for someone to cause you a problem and then try to make the other states think you were the bad guy. That was so offensive. You wanted details.

• Tue, Apr 11 2017 12:42 AM In reply to

• Ashton1992
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 27

I wonder when it is acceptable for cops to call someone a rapist and lie, but that is what happens when you have cops on the force that don't have girlfriends. They accuse someone else to try to get themselves girlfriends. I wonder if hslf the stuff I dealt with as a little kid should be legal.

• Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:17 AM In reply to

Ashton1992:
    I doubt my posts are rambling

Ummm...you've admitted in other threads that your posts are rambling, and I can assure you that just about everything you've posted is rambling and, to at least some degree, unintelligible.

Ashton1992:
    I got band [sic] for . . . solicizing

Solicizing?  That's not a word.

Ashton1992:
    I think it should be a crime to intentionally ban someone's post when they are asking for help because someone was trying to tarnish there rep in other states.

You're free to think whatever you like, but making this a crime would be objectively silly.  You're free to lobby your elected representatives to make this a crime, but it will never happen.

• Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:18 AM In reply to

You really should seek out assistance from a mental health professional.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community