I have a question regarding copyright infringement

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, May 1 2017 3:17 PM by jv1597. 47 replies.
  • Mon, May 1 2017 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: I have a question regarding copyright infringement

jv1597:
    How can a copyrighted work be stolen without copying of the work?

"Stolen" is not a word that has meaning in this area of the law.  A copyright can be infringed as I have explained elsewhere in this now bloated thread, including by copying, but also in several other ways.

jv1597:
    The penalty for "improper" use is removal, or confiscation, no lawsuit.

Wrong again.  Remedies for copyright infringement are discussed in Chapter 5 of the Copyright Act.

jv1597:
    A copyrighted work requires submittal of an application for copyright

No, it doesn't.  Registration is required for certain rights, but it is not a prerequisite for copyright protection.  Registration is also a prerequisite to an infringement suit, but the registration need not be done prior to the infringement.

jv1597:
    The penalty for performance of a copyrighted work is restriction/removal of the performance.

Wrong.  See Ch. 5 of the Copyright Act linked above.

jv1597:
    No fee is required to perform copyrighted work, all that's required is a license to perform the work.  Charging for a license for performance of a copyrighted work is extortion.

That's beyond silly, and you're never going to get a license for a public performance of anyt work of any value without payment.

You seem to have made up your mind about all this and aren't willing to listen to anything to the contrary.  If all you want to do now is argue with us, it's a waste of your time and ours.  Go ahead and do what you want.  Just don't be surprised when you get sued.

• Mon, May 1 2017 1:37 PM In reply to

• jv1597
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 15 2017
    • TX
    • Posts 28

Taxagent,

You're right I'm sorry about that mistake, it's just that the berne convention is such a absurd international agreement, that my mind was completely shut to the concept from the start.  I couldn't even concentrate enough to look it up.

So according to that international agreement, you don't need to register a work with the copyright office to have it protected under copyright code.

So there's no sense in discussing it any further at all, seeing as to how it completely seals the whole matter up in one agreement.

Just thought it would help to change things to straighten the whole mess out.

• Mon, May 1 2017 3:17 PM In reply to

• jv1597
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 15 2017
    • TX
    • Posts 28

The admissibility of copyright protection by the court, without registration of the work, completely invalidates every contest with respect to the correctness of the code, and inadvertently dismisses contest in all other respects concerning the subject matter and scope of copyright.

I narrowed this streaming issue down to notice of copyright.  Without the requirement of notice of copyright, anyone can claim copyright on any bit of a work, without specific notice of what is to be protected by copyright.  The rights of the author are without limitation, with respect to accessibiltiy, if streaming of media content is considered to be a form of distribution.  As far as I can tell, we can work with perfomance rights of any form, but granting of rights to performance with respect to streaming infringes on the design of the application, and inhibits platform development, without regard to popular franchise by consumers.

So the Berne Act is conspicuous at best it seems, as it isn't really any good for anything other than for tariff on accessibility to media content.

Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community