Wrongly accused of armed robbery

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, May 12 2017 8:50 AM by ca19lawyer2. 3 replies.
  • Fri, May 12 2017 5:05 AM

• Kelly1986
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 12 2017
    • Posts 1

Wrongly accused of armed robbery

Hi so I never posted on a forum before but I am going out of my mind with worry so thought maybe someone been through the same or had some advise for me. Back in September I met a friend of my older brothers and we planned to meet up and go out one evening. He didn't have a car so he asked me to pick him up so I did. Little did I know that him and his friend had just help up a bookies with a fire arm, and consequently I was there "get away" driving but I did not know this. It wasn't until some months later when armed police came through my front door scaring the life out of me and my children and me getting arrested for armed robbery. The2 men involved are in custody, one pleading guilty and one pleading not guilty and saying he wasn't even there. I have also been charged with the same offence and I am due to go trial at the end of next month. I am petrified. I have a 10 year old boy and a 3 year old girl and I am 21 weeks pregnant. I have been advised by my barrister that if I get found gulity I am looking at years in prison away from my beautiful children. Basically my whole life! I was hoping there was someone out there who has been in the same position as me and has some words of wisdom or comport for me? Thanks 

• Fri, May 12 2017 7:26 AM In reply to

Re: Wrongly accused of armed robbery

Are you in the US? The timing of this pick up sure is odd.....you just happened to pick them up after they commited a crime? Why would you even bother going out with someone without a vehicle? I am sure there is a whole lot to this story we don't know. It sounds like you already have an attorney if that is what a barrister is.

• Fri, May 12 2017 7:35 AM In reply to

OliviasMom:
    It sounds like you already have an attorney if that is what a barrister is.

In the United Kingdom a barrister is a lawyer who tries cases in court.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Fri, May 12 2017 8:50 AM In reply to

These boards are for issues of U.S. law only, and you should not post on public forums about a pending criminal action.  Speak only with your barrister.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community