The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Are there any moderators anymore??

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Jun 16 2017 7:27 AM by OliviasMom. 7 replies.
  • Tue, May 23 2017 8:24 AM

Are there any moderators anymore??

These boards are littered with spam that seems to remain for many days before being deleted -- if it is ever deleted at all.  As I type this (Tuesday morning), there are nearly 20 spam posts from this past Sunday and another 15 from the prior Sunday.

• Tue, May 23 2017 12:03 PM In reply to

Re: Are there any moderators anymore??

Looks like they were all posted by Adoph Hitler.

LOL.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Wed, May 24 2017 4:06 AM In reply to

I long ago concluded that the owners of this site have abandoned any active moderation of this site. About all they do now is remove blatant spam posts that are reported using the reporting feature, and even that can take days, as you noted. Nor does it seem that the owners are at all interested in improving the site, as all suggestions made are seemingly ignored. They have not made any noticeable changes in this site in years, and not a single recommendation that I and others have made has gotten even a response from the site, let alone actually getting implemented. Given Martindale’s apparent apathy about the message boards I have wondered for awhile why it doesn't just pull the plug on these boards altogether. In any event, it's kind of a sad state for what was once the most active legal message board site -- back when it was known as PrarieLaw. Martindale did actively moderate it for a few years after they bought the site, but that faded away as moderators one by one left for whatever reason.

• Wed, May 24 2017 2:57 PM In reply to

Taxagent:
    it's kind of a sad state for what was once the most active legal message board site -- back when it was known as PrarieLaw. Martindale did actively moderate it for a few years after they bought the site, but that faded away as moderators one by one left for whatever reason.

I remember the old PrairieLaw days too.  I was looking back at some very old posts and remembering some of the old regulars who are here no more.  I even almost miss Denise's iron fisted regime.

• Fri, May 26 2017 1:56 PM In reply to

Doesn't seem to be - not for quite a while.  Not like it used to be.

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 2:14 PM In reply to

Forums are closing June 30.

Taxagent:
    Given Martindale’s apparent apathy about the message boards I have wondered for awhile why it doesn't just pull the plug on these boards altogether.

Well, the forums are indeed closing at the end of the month. I received the e-mail announcing that today. I hope my comment above from a few weeks ago wasn't the catalyst for that. I doubt they read it, so probably not. :-) But the closure certainly was foreseeable given the lack of attention given these boards in recent years. It's a sad end for the once very active Prairie Law boards. I wish all the long time members here who have contributed so much to it over the years the very best.

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 4:32 PM In reply to

Re: Forums are closing June 30.

Wow...that's too bad.

• Fri, Jun 16 2017 7:27 AM In reply to

Sad to hear the forums are going away. It was nice knowing (and arguing) with you all LOL.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community