The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay value

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:32 AM by OliviasMom. 4 replies.
  • Mon, Jun 12 2017 11:18 AM

• CaptainPico
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 12 2017
    • CA
    • Posts 2

Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay value

>Purchased new car.

>Trade-in used as down payment and included in the purchase agreement.

>New vehicle was financed several days later with no issues and well within 10 day dealer contract cancellation provision.  I have since accessed the account online.

>Trade-in had typo on pink slip stating 500,000 more miles than actual mileage of appx 60,000 miles.  This occurred after title name change to include son on title for insurance purposes.

>Dealership acknowledged mistake on pink slip and agreed vehicle could not have 1/2 million miles on it.

>Dealership proceeded with purchase contract will full knowledge of the pink slip discrepancy.  The vehicle was free and clear of any liens and was otherwise a normal pink slip.

>Dealership requested hand written statement stating odometer not broken or tampered, which was in addition to complete list of trade-in disclosures.

>Dealer now wants to return trade in to me and wants me to pay trade in value because they state it can take  months for them to correct title.

• Mon, Jun 12 2017 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay value

Do you have a question?

• Mon, Jun 12 2017 12:57 PM In reply to

• CaptainPico
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 12 2017
    • CA
    • Posts 2

Re: Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay valu...

Yes based on the background and information I provided can they force me to take back my trade in and pay instead?

• Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay valu...

Not likely.

• Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:32 AM In reply to

Re: Dealership wants to return trade in and have me pay value

It sounds like it is their error. Tell them them to figure it out. They should be able to do a letter of correction on the correct miles. Otherwise tell them the whole deal is to be unwound and you will return the car and want anything out of pocket refunded.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community