The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

can i sue my old roommates for unpaid bills?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, Jun 19 2017 9:16 AM by ca19lawyer2. 2 replies.
  • Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:53 PM

can i sue my old roommates for unpaid bills?

so heres my question i was living with my brother and his wife we have no written agreement i pay them $550-$650 (switches monthly) they jack up $2500 in bills in my name but, the only proof i have is my bank statement showing amouth i pay and the bills itself how do i go with getting the money for the bills as there refusing to pay them? and is this enough to be able to sue them for the bills? 

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 8:49 PM In reply to

Re: can i sue my old roommates for unpaid bills?

What was the deal you had on payment of the utilities? If they aren't paying their share of the utilities then sue them in small claims court. You'll have to convince the judge what the deal was and that they aren't living up to their end of the deal. Bring the bank statements and bills to prove what the utilities were and that you have paid them.

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: can i sue my old roommates for unpaid bills?

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

crazyboy1986:
    they jack up $2500 in bills in my name

Huh?

crazyboy1986:
    how do i go with getting the money for the bills as there refusing to pay them? and is this enough to be able to sue them for the bills?

You're going to need to explain what happened more coherently in order to get a useful response.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community