Closing a small estate in Maryland

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, Jul 14 2008 6:35 PM by Downtoearth1. 4 replies.
  • Sun, Jul 13 2008 9:52 PM

Question [=?] Closing a small estate in Maryland

I am the executor of a small estate in Maryland. All creditors were paid, estate had been inactive for the past 6 months.
    Is there anyting else I should do? Do I need a letter confirming it's closed?
    Thank you for you help
  • Mon, Jul 14 2008 12:01 PM In reply to

re: Closing a small estate in Maryland

Assuming that you filed the small estate properly with the court in the first place, you would have to submit a final report to the court.

Here's a list of forms available from the MD probate court website:

http://www.registers.state.md.us/html/disclaim.html

I think you would use forms 1143 through 1144 which you can print out individually or in the packet RWMAPETIT.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Mon, Jul 14 2008 12:42 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Closing a small estate in Maryland

I am sorry, I should have mentioned, I submitted a final accounting form and paid final distribution 6 month ago. According to the city, I didn't have to file a final accounting because it was a small estate but I had already done so.

Do I need to ask the city for any forms or letter? When I called them, they said that the estate is considered closed if it has been inactive.

• Mon, Jul 14 2008 3:49 PM In reply to

re: Closing a small estate in Maryland

"Do I need to ask the city for any forms or letter?"

That would be difficult for us to say. Is there some reason to think you need one, even assuming the court would issue one?

• Mon, Jul 14 2008 6:35 PM In reply to

Ok [+0+] re: Closing a small estate in Maryland

Not really
    Just figured I opened the estate , paid all creditors and final distribution. I thought there was an official form to close it.
    My mistake.
    Thank you for your help.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community