how to turn someone into collections

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Jul 17 2007 2:50 PM by ca19lawyer2. 3 replies.
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 6:06 PM

how to turn someone into collections

I have a Daycare in my home I am licenced and legal. I was wondering if I have the right to turn one of my clients over to collections for non-payment, and if so how long do I have to wait until I do so.
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 7:47 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: how to turn someone into collections

Generally collection companies take a percentage of the money they collect as their fee. It's not financially beneficial to them or to the small business owner for them to take those kinds of debts where their overhead would likely exceed what they will ultimately recover. If someone owes you money, suing them in small claims is really the best and only way to go. If you obtain a judgment, the credit agencies will eventually pick it up and it will effect the debtor's credit. Consult local counsel.
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 10:31 PM In reply to

re: how to turn someone into collections

Collection agencies are useless when it comes to small businesses with the occasional small delinquency.

You're better off with small claims court.

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/Brochures/SmallClaim.pdf

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Tue, Jul 17 2007 2:50 PM In reply to

re: how to turn someone into collections

You have the right to take legal action as soon as a payment is past due. Whether it's a good idea to do so immediately, and what means of collection is best are things we obviously can't answer for you.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community