Dangerous Product & False Advertising / Health Mattresses &

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sat, Apr 21 2007 5:02 PM by carol3. 2 replies.
  • Fri, Apr 20 2007 7:29 PM

• Lizzy7
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 7 2006
    • NV
    • Posts 119

Question [=?] Dangerous Product & False Advertising / Health Mattresses &

There are very expensive memory foam mattresses and pillows sold. The manufacturer says, the mattress and pillows are very healthy and prevent back and neck pain. I wanted to buy these items, but they were too expensive. So I found another manufacturer that sold the items for $ 1,000. I slept one night on this mattress and pillow, that caused me the worst back pain. Fortunately I could return them.

I looked for the original manufacturer, the expensive one, and tried it in the store. I only lied on the pillow for a few minutes. That caused me extreme neck pain. I want to go to a doctor, but I want to know, if the costs might be covered, because of a dangerous product / false advertising / no warning case.

The manufacturer never wrote that you might get back and neck pain. They always said how wonderful and healthy it is, it should prevent pain, but it caused the difference.

Can't they be sued for this pain and suffering?

Are product liability cases only valid, if the victim is permanently injured or does every pain count?
  • Sat, Apr 21 2007 12:51 AM In reply to

News [|*|] re: Dangerous Product & False Advertising / Health Mattresses &

You could sue but you would lose.

There's nothing inherently dangerous about the mattress or the pillow that you described.

You may be ultra sensitive or have preexisting conditions which would lead to pain if you slept on any surface. Some people could lie down on a bed of nails with no problem.

Manufacturers don't have to warn about the obvious. Neck and back pain are part of life for many.

• Sat, Apr 21 2007 5:02 PM In reply to

• carol3
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 10 1999
    • CT
    • Posts 3,129

Disagree [)*(] re: Dangerous Product & False Advertising / Health Mattresses &

"I slept one night on this mattress and pillow, that caused me the worst back pain. Fortunately I could return them. "

It would be very difficult to imagine that one night on a mattress would cause back problems.
    They obviously honored the warranty and you returned the mattress, so what's your beef?

"I looked for the original manufacturer, the expensive one, and tried it in the store. I only lied on the pillow for a few minutes. That caused me extreme neck pain. I want to go to a doctor, but I want to know, if the costs might be covered ..."

Let's see, you went into a store tried out the mattress and want to sue for extreme neck pain.

Surely, you don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

What medical doctor has possibly tied in some serious injury to either of these experiences???

Forget about suing anyone for either 1 night on a mattress whcih caused 'severe back pain', or a few minutes on a mattress in a store, causing 'severe neck pain. If you suffer such pain, it is likely a pre-existing condition.

You fill these boards with your irrational scenarios with an underlying desire to sue someone/anyone, and I see you're back again. One can only wonder if you are presenting hypothetical rather than real issues, considering the proliferation of complaints that seem bizarre.

You appear to be the unluckiest person in the universe, considering the litany of posts ready to sue someone/anyone.

And you have certainly been advised to 'consult an attorney' enough times on these boards to have acquired an education on the law as regards the tenets of litigation--including the requirement that you must prove injury (usually serious in nature).
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community