Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 11-11-2007 4:31 PM by brian101. 5 replies.
  • 10-20-2007 10:38 PM

Angry [:@] Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

Who can help me? I have been trying to get someone to take my case and can not find anyone.
    I was on these meds for 5 years. My doctor dropped me and I had to wean myself off. I had terrible withdrawls then and am still having side effects. They are awful!
  • 10-22-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

re: Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

They do a lot of good for a lot of people. Nothing in your post indicates the drugs are the problem. Why did your doctor drop you? Why did you not find another doctor to treat you?
  • 10-23-2007 8:10 AM In reply to

re: Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

I do know the 'Drugs' are the problem. I am 43 and went on the meds when I was 38. I was on them for 5 years. I have several witnesses as to how they effected me while on them and my family can verify how they've effected me since I've been off. My doctor dropped me because I rescheduled 9 times in 5 years. In all truth, he dropped me because he misdiagnosed me and over medicated me. I'm not an idiot, just a victim.
    I tried to get another doctor, but was told I had to wait 8 to 9 months to see one. I do not get welfare or foodstamps or medical card and am on 1 income with 3 kids. The medical profession charges more than they should for destroying lives.
  • 10-23-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

Disagree [)*(] re: Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

Nothing in your post indicates there is any sort of problem with the drugs.

You may have an action against the doctor for malpractice.
  • 10-27-2007 7:18 PM In reply to

News [|*|] re: Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

"I do know the 'Drugs' are the problem. I am 43 and went on the meds when I was 38. I was on them for 5 years. I have several witnesses as to how they effected me while on them and my family can verify how they've effected me since I've been off. "

Nothing in your posts on other boards or above indicates that a medical professional has determined you have been injured from these drugs. Your opinion or that of your family does not qualify in establishing negligence.

You must have a medical professional determine that the drugs caused you harm and that the doctor 'misdiagnosed' you as you state.

This is is quite likely why you have been unable to locate an attorney to represent you.

Did your former doctor notify you in writing that he was going to drop you?

I assume that since you already consulted several attorneys and could not get one to represent you, they reviewed also the possibility of 'abandonment' and you would need medical testimony to support that charge:

"...in Walker v. Saint Vincent Charity Hospital, No. 67035, 1995 Ohio App. LEXIS 1431 (Ohio Ct. App. Cuyahoga County Apr. 6, 1995), a pro se plaintiff sued two doctors for abandonment. In defense, the doctors filed a motion for summary judgment, claiming that the plaintiff had not made a prima facie case of negligence because he had offered no expert testimony. ... The court concluded that the claim for abandonment "must be supported by expert medical testimony concerning a defendant's failure to meet professional standards of care in the medical community."

" I tried to get another doctor, but was told I had to wait 8 to 9 months to see one. "

Who told you you had to wait 8-9 months to see a doctor? Did you ask your insurance company/HMO to help locate another doctor - most insurers have several to choose from.

Since you cannot locate an attorney to establish you have a case, your recourse is to complain to your state medical board which licenses medical professionals.

• 11-11-2007 4:31 PM In reply to

Note [#=#] re: Bad drugs! Risperdal and Paxil

I was on Risperdal and Paxil. I was very shaky on Risperdal and Paxil. Never helped. More of a detriment. Quoting pro se is unhallowed grounds. Been there done that all the way up to the top a few times.

Don't go there don't even start as a pro se for one, secondly your case has little merit. Proving that the medication and not your own state of being was the culpret is next to impossible. If the FDA backed the drug company that means there was testing, Lobbying and such. With all medication it works for some and gives others negative effects that they all post like that of mania, paranoya, anxiety, depression, increased weight, fatigue or increased bipolar symptoms.

They all have side effect listings to cover themselves. A waste of time trying to go fight basically city hall and a health provider no matter what type of treatment or side effect, BELIEVE IT!

Luvox and Lamictal worked for me they are a God sent gift to mental relief.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community