Filing Shock Probation in Kentucky

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 01-15-2009 1:46 PM by Ford. 6 replies.
  • 01-13-2009 4:41 PM

    Question [=?] Filing Shock Probation in Kentucky

    My son sent me some papers so that I can get with his lawyer and file shock probation so that he can hopefully go to a half-way house. I tried calling his lawyer on several occasions and she is extremely busy and does not have time to deal with this right now. I was told that I can file these papers myself. Can anyone give me some information as to where the petition that people sign and the letters of support go? Do they go with the shock request to the court or to the Judge? Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

  • 01-14-2009 2:35 PM In reply to

    Feedback [*=*] No attorneys from Kentucky . . .

    I've never heard of anything like the process you are asking about.

    What stage of the case is your son in? Has he already been sentenced? Does he have a probation officer?

    It sounds like he's in custody, so I doubt he has a PO.
  • 01-14-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

    Question [=?] Shock?? .

    Do you mean you have not of filing for shock probation? He has been sentenced, been in jail/prison since July 2008. He was given the papers from Blackburn to file for shock. I try to talk to his lawyer, but can never get her to call me back. I am his power of attorney, doesn't that mean that I should be able to talk to his lawyer for him?

    No, he does not have a probation officer right now.
  • 01-14-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

    re: Shock?? .

    No, having his power of attorney does not mean the lawyer must - or even should- talk to you. It just means you have limited authority to do certain things on his behalf.
  • 01-14-2009 6:10 PM In reply to

    Feedback [*=*] re: Shock?? .

    In my understanding of shock probation, that's something the judge gives a defendant at sentencing. If he's been sentenced, that might not be a possibility any longer.

    If he's in a state prison, I'd be contacting the state department of corrections.
  • 01-14-2009 7:10 PM In reply to

    Question [=?] re: Shock?? .

    He was told when being sentenced that he would be eligible to file for shock and possibly go to get some sort of rehab, but he has sent me the papers to do it and I called the circuit clerk's office and they told me that I can indeed do it myself. Can you tell me who and what number I should call with the DOC?
  • 01-15-2009 1:46 PM In reply to

    Feedback [*=*] re: Shock?? .

    Start with this website:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community