Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 06-12-2007 1:06 AM by Lyle1. 6 replies.
  • 05-03-2007 8:59 PM

Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

I am already 1 year into a 3 year probation because of a dui charge that was lowered to reckless driving. I have only taken one initial drug test at the start of my probation but wanted to know what some possible consequences could be if I fail a drug test due to marijuana use? Are there warnings given or does it totally depend on the PO.

Before anyone screams and says "just dont do it!", I suffer from irregular sleep patterns and this really helps me to get much needed sleep. I am not out partying and being irresponsible. Thanks for any feedback.
  • 05-04-2007 7:59 AM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-09-2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,167

Feedback [*=*] re: Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

What you have to look at is the original sentence. If it said, for example. 1 year in the county jail, suspended upon condition of 2 days in the county jail, a fine and 3 years probation. Then what you are looking at is anything between reinstatement of probation and no jail or revoking probation and 1 year in jail. It is entirely up to the judge.
  • 05-04-2007 8:27 AM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,175

Idea [I] re: Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

"...but wanted to know what some possible consequences..."

Assume the worst...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 05-04-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

Assuming your state permits this one, at the very least, get a medical maurijuana RX.
  • 05-04-2007 7:46 PM In reply to

re: Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

This is probably not an option in PA, but my question is to people that have been on probation and subject to a drug test. Have the test occured on your scheduled visits with your PO or were they random. Im already 1 year in on a 3 year probation and only had one initial drug test. Thanks for any feedback.
  • 05-05-2007 2:24 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] Drink warm milk . . .

Milk won't violate your probation.

A PO would normally have discretion to do random testing. Anything else would be silly.

You would be gambling the full imposition of your sentence. In my state you would have gotten something like 180 days jail, with 175 suspended. That would mean there's close to six months of jail that could be tossed at you.

Nobody in the system will believe the story that you are using this as a sleeping aid.
  • 06-12-2007 1:06 AM In reply to

• Lyle1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-26-2006
    • Posts 15

re: Consequences for probation violation due to marijuana use?

not to get you going here, but it sounds as though your trying to dodge a possible test because your smoking and thinking about what will happen if they catch you. i will only say that those tests can be given randomly at any given time. if your smoking and they catch it you could be resentenced and get the full wrap. i'd say your probably pushing your luck. i'd give up the smoke and stay clean. you don't need any more trouble coming your way. if you can't actually sleep go see a doctor and get something prescribed that is legal.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community