Immediate Eviction Notice

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Sep 12 2008 3:13 PM by pjesse. 3 replies.
  • Fri, Sep 12 2008 11:19 AM

• pjesse
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 12 2008
    • Posts 6

Immediate Eviction Notice

On 9-10-2008 I left my apartment at 6pm and did not return until the following day at 10am. In my absense there was a shooting on the premises parking lot at midnight. On 9-11-2008 me and several other tenants received a notice of immediate eviction because of discharging a firearm, gang activity, enciting violence etc.
    I told the manager that I spent the night at my mothers house and had no knowledge of what had happened until I returned the next day. She claimed to have witnesses. What recourse do I have? If I go to court I have the driver that took me to my moms house pluse my mom to verify that I was not home when the parking lot incident occurred. I don't have a firearm, not a gang member. Nothing that was on the eviction notice I am guilty of.
  • Fri, Sep 12 2008 12:09 PM In reply to

re: Immediate Eviction Notice

"What recourse do I have?"

Not sure what you mean here. If they file eviction paperwork, you and whomever else (including mom as witness) show up and defend yourselves.

Talk with a local real estate attorney if necessary.
  • Fri, Sep 12 2008 3:13 PM In reply to

• pjesse
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6

re: Immediate Eviction Notice

Thanks for the response. We will defend ourselves. At first they said they had 10 witnesses, now its because the person involved in the incident was seen in the past leaving our apartment.
  • Wed, Oct 1 2008 1:07 AM In reply to

• pjesse
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6

Question [=?] re: Immediate Eviction Notice

On 9-11-2008 me and several other tenants received a notice of immediate eviction. I went to the office today and the manager stated that I would be served the the court notice on 10-1-2008 which is the day the next months payment is due. Should I pay or not? I believe I should just in case I win the judgement. Any advice?

Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community