husband won't sign divorce papers

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 06-25-2007 7:08 AM by SueMo. 1 replies.
  • 06-25-2007 2:38 AM

Angry [:@] husband won't sign divorce papers

I live in Illinois and my husband lives in Washington. I went to the court house and got divorce papers to do it on my own. I filled them out and sent them to him via certified mail. I know that he has received them and I haven't heard from him in two weeks. He said that he wanted this to get over with as soon as possible so he can get on with his life, and now I am thinking that he is not going to fill them out and send them back to me. I filed for divorce a couple of years ago with a lawyer who was doing it pro bono. If he didn't sign,(which he wasn't going to) I would have gotten it granted anyway because he wouldn't have shown up for the court date. (Obviously I took him back and it didn't work out.) Now I don't know what to do, I can't afford a lawyer and I am afraid to ask the one who was going to do it for free to see if she could do it again.
  • 06-25-2007 7:08 AM In reply to

Idea [I] re: husband won't sign divorce papers

Hi,
    It might be good idea to do a little research on the divorce laws in Illinois. I found this link, and even though I briefly scanned the information, it looks as if you can file the petition without the stbx's signature. Anyway, these are the steps that you have to go through in Illinois for a divorce.

http://www.divorce-law-illinois.com/tellme.html#step_one

Sue :)
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community