i want out!

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 08-28-2007 11:36 AM by ahmed2. 11 replies.
  • 08-20-2007 3:55 PM

Question [=?] i want out!

hi i'm from north carolina, and i was married on nov 04 to a man from africa who said he loved me and didn't need his paper, WELL, i was a fool , he recieved his papers in feb 07 and left me april 07.
    Can i anul this marriege undergrounds of fraud .I want to file as soon as possible, do i have to wait and can i sue him? Feeling used,hurt and stupid.
  • 08-20-2007 4:09 PM In reply to

• Kivi
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-01-2005
    • CA
    • Posts 5,911

Feedback [*=*] re: i want out!

You probably are better off just divorcing him. Annulments are complicated and expensive.

Consult local counsel.
  • 08-20-2007 8:16 PM In reply to

re: i want out!

You need to discuss it with a local attorney. Usually the easiest and fastest thing to do is divorce. And forget about revenge - it's a waste of time and energy.
  • 08-21-2007 2:14 PM In reply to

"Can i anul this marriege undergrounds of fraud."

You'd have to ask a local divorce attorney.

• 08-21-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

Please compose any future posts using normal capitalization and punctuation.

"Can i anul this marriege undergrounds of fraud ."

Possibly. Certainly, the conduct you described gives rise to an inference of fraud. Whether that's enough is something you'll have to discuss with a local family law attorney. Keep in mind that a divorce is probably a lot cheaper than an annulment.

"can i sue him?"

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but what would you sue for?

By the way, you can also report him to immigration authorities.
  • 08-23-2007 8:49 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,239

Laymans take:

Grounds for annullment in NC are extremely narrow and it is most unlikleythat anyof them would help you.

As a practical matter I urge speed and SECRECY to file for a divorce in NC. If hubby blows the state youmayhave a devil of a time to properly serve him with divorce paperwork.

Get started with divorce work today.

I'd serve him divorce paperwork slighlty ahead of any INS complaints I might file lest he blow the area. I'm not sure INS works until you get a divorce in place....

• 08-27-2007 2:37 PM In reply to

Question [=?] re: i want out!

Can i file for a divorce now, even thu in the state of North Carolina you have to be seperated year?
  • 08-27-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

Its a site called rapidlaw (divorce site),do anyone know someone who has used this site?Seem really good.I'm thinking about using it.
  • 08-27-2007 5:52 PM In reply to

If the state requires a one year separation what makes you think the law does not apply to you?
  • 08-27-2007 6:53 PM In reply to

I'm sorry , maybe i ask that question wrong.When can i start the paper work?
  • 08-27-2007 8:03 PM In reply to

WHy don't you go to your public library and ask them to show you the divorce statutes. That should answer your questions.

Realistically you can prepare the documents whenever you want - what matters is when you can file them.
  • 08-28-2007 11:36 AM In reply to

Ok [+0+] re: i want out!

Ok thanks.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community