Unstable environment!

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Jul 5 2007 1:12 PM by OliviasMom. 2 replies.
  • Wed, Jul 4 2007 7:06 PM

Question [=?] Unstable environment!

Is too many live-in boyfriends and moving too much a good reason to prove my ex-wife provides my children with an unstable environment?

Here is my situation. My ex-wife and I have been divorced for a little over 3 years now. In this time she has moved 5 times, in 4 counties, with 4 different guys. Each guy has been a live-in boyfriend, 3 of them moving in with their children, 5 kids total. This means my children have lived with 10 people in only 3 years! Would this be enough to prove my ex is not providing a stable environment for my children? Could I fight for the majority of Custody?

Because of child support and a very high cost of childcare (we both pay ½) I have been forced to move in with my parents. When I have my kids we all share a room, but the room is ours! Would the courts look at this in a negative way?
  • Thu, Jul 5 2007 11:44 AM In reply to

re: Unstable environment!

"Is too many live-in boyfriends and moving too much a good reason to prove my ex-wife provides my children with an unstable environment?"

Depends on (a) what "too many" means, (b) what "too much" means, (c) whom you're trying to prove it to, (d) the standard of proof that person uses, and (e) why you're trying to prove it.

"Could I fight for the majority of Custody?"

You can fight for anything you want. You can certainly make an argument that your ex's proclivities are not in the children's best interests. No one here can possible predict how this might turn out.

"When I have my kids we all share a room, but the room is ours! Would the courts look at this in a negative way?"

Yes. A parent and two or more children in a room is not a particularly good situation. The court may view this as a choice between two situations that are bad for different reasons. And, keep in mind that the cost of having children is only going to increase if you have primary custody.
  • Thu, Jul 5 2007 1:12 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Unstable environment!

you certainly can ask. No guarantee you will win. I think moving in with every guy you date is ridiculous especially when there are kids involved.

I would go ahead and file. You should be able to stop the moving even if you do not get custody.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community