Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Mar 6 2007 5:46 PM by Drew. 4 replies.
  • Tue, Feb 27 2007 6:53 PM

    Question [=?] Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

    I want to know if anyone knows how to go about rescinding an acknolwedgement of Paternity. I was coerced into signing it... very long story. The child was born in Arizona but now we reside in Oklahoma. Any help with this would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
  • Tue, Feb 27 2007 7:54 PM In reply to

    Question [=?] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

    How long ago did this occur?
  • Tue, Feb 27 2007 8:37 PM In reply to

    More [=+=] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

    The child is now 4 years old. I should probably go a little bit inot the long story.

    I was forced into signing an acknowledgement I knew to be false because the person forcing me to sign was threatening to kill my family. I do not claim to know his reasons for wanting to be listed as the father(as he also knew it wasn't possible, we only dated briefly at the end of my pregnancy). I managed to get completely away from this man by moving back to oklahoma (and yes he actually followed me here) changing addresses and phone numbers jobs and email a couple of times. He hasn't known my whereabout for about 2 years. I was scared to death of him when I signed the papers, and did not think they could be changed. I was recently told it could be possible to rescind the papers but I don't have the first clue on how to go about it. All help is appreciated.
  • Wed, Feb 28 2007 10:38 AM In reply to

    Feedback [*=*] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

    You'll want to speak to an attorney in the state it was signed asap.

    There is a very short window in which a man can challenge paternity, and it may will be the same for women. If the child is 4, and this happened when he/she was born, it may be too late.
  • Tue, Mar 6 2007 5:46 PM In reply to

    • Drew
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,417

    re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

    Why not use reverse logic--why not sue for child support! The child probably needs the support anyway--and by his own admissions he is the father and is very likley now barred from asserting otherwise.

    It always make a lot of sense to look at the pocketbook issues! You may be able to get child support for 14 years !

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community