Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 03-06-2007 5:46 PM by Drew. 4 replies.
  • 02-27-2007 6:53 PM

Question [=?] Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

I want to know if anyone knows how to go about rescinding an acknolwedgement of Paternity. I was coerced into signing it... very long story. The child was born in Arizona but now we reside in Oklahoma. Any help with this would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
  • 02-27-2007 7:54 PM In reply to

Question [=?] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

How long ago did this occur?
  • 02-27-2007 8:37 PM In reply to

More [=+=] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

The child is now 4 years old. I should probably go a little bit inot the long story.

I was forced into signing an acknowledgement I knew to be false because the person forcing me to sign was threatening to kill my family. I do not claim to know his reasons for wanting to be listed as the father(as he also knew it wasn't possible, we only dated briefly at the end of my pregnancy). I managed to get completely away from this man by moving back to oklahoma (and yes he actually followed me here) changing addresses and phone numbers jobs and email a couple of times. He hasn't known my whereabout for about 2 years. I was scared to death of him when I signed the papers, and did not think they could be changed. I was recently told it could be possible to rescind the papers but I don't have the first clue on how to go about it. All help is appreciated.
  • 02-28-2007 10:38 AM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

You'll want to speak to an attorney in the state it was signed asap.

There is a very short window in which a man can challenge paternity, and it may will be the same for women. If the child is 4, and this happened when he/she was born, it may be too late.
  • 03-06-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,907

re: Rescinding Paternity Acknowledgement

Why not use reverse logic--why not sue for child support! The child probably needs the support anyway--and by his own admissions he is the father and is very likley now barred from asserting otherwise.

It always make a lot of sense to look at the pocketbook issues! You may be able to get child support for 14 years !

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community