How to report a Bad lawyer?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Aug 31 2007 5:33 PM by HatTrick. 2 replies.
  • Wed, Aug 29 2007 9:58 AM

    • Boomer2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 29 2007
    • Posts 1

    Question [=?] How to report a Bad lawyer?

    My spouse supposedly had me served divorce papers to only find out I was only served a tempory restaining orders. I had picked the paper up in lawyer's office. I had called him up on where was the divorce petition, and he told me that TRO need to be served and divorce petition could be either mailed or brought to me via server, but considered them served because they will be coming. I'd like to find out if he is wrong, and if practiced law incorrectly, where can I report him? If this was just a technicality not getting paper's served, are there any blogs that I can post his unprofessionalism and incompetence?

  • Fri, Aug 31 2007 5:33 PM In reply to

    • HatTrick
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 3 2007
    • CA
    • Posts 858

    re: How to report a Bad lawyer?

    The court papers are all at the court house and you may easily get copies if you go there and pull the file.

    Don't fall for that trap. Fighting the lawyer is a waste of time. Spend your time on seeing the TRO and divorse proceed the best you can. Fight in court.

    Until you are served you are not served and have no duty to reply.

    If the court file says you were served and you were not, politely inform the judge. It will have little affect on your case, but may set some of the tone of how the judge sees the arguments.

    You would benefit from your own lawyer.



Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community