Drivers License Liens

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 03-28-2007 3:29 PM by Fxston. 2 replies.
  • 03-27-2007 3:29 PM

• allec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 1

Question [=?] Drivers License Liens

I recently found out that an accident that occurred 12 years ago has resulted in a lien on my drivers license preventing me from getting my license. Please keep in mind that I have never had a license.
    I have reason to believe that the attorney has falsified my DOB to show that at the time of the accident I was 18 yrs of age. At the time of the accident my true age was 15. I was unaware that there was no insurance on the vehicle that I was operating as it was my mothers vehicle. I paid my fines in regards to the ticket, which was a failure to yield to the right of way.
    I have since attempted to contact the attorney in question with no resolution. He is threatening me that if I don't pay a certain sum, I'm assuming from the damages from the accident that I will never, Yes this is the word the Receptionist/legal aid used, get my license.
    They have also threatened that this accident is on my credit, and the only way I would be able to have my license released is to make payment arrangements, or file bankruptcy. I am not willing to do either since I was neither served nor responsible for the vehicle in question.
    I have since pulled my credit and it is not stated as a debt owed.
    What are my legal rights? Is there a statute of limitations for this sort of thing? And does the attorney in question have a right to withhold the "file" from me?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Please email me if you have any useful information
    allecramer@gmail.com
  • 03-28-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

re: Drivers License Liens

Apparently the person you hit suffered damage or injury that you haven't paid for.

His or her attorney has no obligation at all to do anything FOR you but certainly has an obligation to his client to do whatever it takes AGAINST you in order to collect.

The Oregon statute of limitations for lawsuits on injury appears to be 2 years and on property damage appears to be 6 years.

Check with your local courts and see if you've been sued and don't know about it.

If you haven't been sued it's too late for a lawsuit.

But, the driver license suspension may operate under a different set of rules. And you certainly don't have to have had a license to have your driving priveledges suspended. That happens all the time, everywhere.

Whether or not your driving priveledges can be suspended forever is likely to be addressed in the following statutes.

Oregon Financial Responsibility Law:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/806.html

Oregon Suspension and Revocation Law:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/809.html

If these don't answer your questions I'd suggest that your next stop be an attorney's office.
    • The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 03-28-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

re: Drivers License Liens

"I have reason to believe that the attorney has falsified my DOB to show that at the time of the accident I was 18 yrs of age."

What attorney? Context please.

"... I'm assuming from the damages from the accident that I will never, Yes this is the word the Receptionist/legal aid used, get my license."

Why on earth would you put a lot of faith in the world of a receptionist??

"I am not willing to do either since I was neither served nor responsible for the vehicle in question."

Again, you don't say what the deal is with this "attorney". I gather from this that you haven't been sued.

You really need to tell us more about what's happening here. Remember, we're strangers.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community