Judgement against me from mortgage company

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Feb 3 2006 4:51 PM by 2ANGELS. 2 replies.
  • Fri, Jan 20 2006 4:48 PM

• 2ANGELS
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 20 2006
    • Posts 21

Question [=?] Judgement against me from mortgage company

In 2000, I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and foreclosed on my house. Recently while reviewing my credit report I noticed that there is a judgement against me from my mortgage company I had at the time. This showed up on 2 of the 3 credit bureau reports. I disputed it and did get it removed from one credit bureau but the other one will not remove it. My mortgage was included in on the bankruptcy and I have sent the credit bureaus proof that this was included and discharged. I cannot contact my bankruptcy attorney regarding this matter since he now deceased and his practice is closed up. I recently sent the mortgage company a certified letter asking them to have this removed from my credit report but don't expect to hear from them. How do I get this taken care of? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • Fri, Jan 20 2006 10:25 PM In reply to

re: Judgement against me from mortgage company

Sounds to me like a FCRA violation. You should have a good paper record of your protest to the CRA and then see a lawyer who does comsumer litigation. Apparently this CRA only moves when compelled.

Cathy Moran
  • Fri, Feb 3 2006 4:51 PM In reply to

• 2ANGELS
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 20 2006
    • Posts 21

Question [=?] re: Judgement against me from mortgage company

I just received a notice from the attorney to my mortgage company in response to the letter I sent them to have the judgement removed. It is a copy of a letter that they just sent to the Prothonotary's Office. It says: Enclosed please find order to satisfy judgement. Kindly file the same of record, time-stamp the extra copy that is attached and return it to our office in the enclosed, self-addressed, stamped envelope.
    Does this mean they are having the judgement marked satisfied and having it removed?
    Thank you for your help
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community