Early release from probation

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 06-09-2006 7:53 PM by neemo41. 3 replies.
  • 06-09-2006 1:57 PM

Question [=?] Early release from probation

Hi I would like to know if I can get an early release from my probation. my probation is for five years. I was put on probation for corputing the morals of a minor and endangering the welfare of a child. Both of these are misdeamors. My probation started December of 2004. I have complied with everything that was asked of me as the conditions of the probation go.
  • 06-09-2006 2:52 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,429

Question [=?] re: Early release from probation

Have you asked either your attorney or your PO if there is any possibility of early release?

Why do you think that you should be released early?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 06-09-2006 5:57 PM In reply to

(VERY!) Early release from probation

Sure, you "might" get released from probation early if you continue to demonstrate to the courts and to your PO that you've cleaned up your act and are obeying the law.... but after 18 months of a 5 year term? That would be VERY early release!

Maybe start asking your PO about a shift to unsupervised / informal probation in another 18 months or so, and maybe ask about release from probation once you've proven that that has gone well.

Richard
  • 06-09-2006 7:53 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Early release from probation

Whether or not you can be discharged off of your probation early depends upon the laws of your state.

You need to consult with an attorney in your area familiar with this.

I can almost guarentee you that if it is possible that it will only be done through an attorney petitioning the court on your behalf. People who try to petition the courts for an early discharge from probation in my state without using an attorney always fail. I do know of a few who have used attorneys and been successful. Like the other poster said you are asking for a very early release.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community