The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Being falsely accused of stealing

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Jul 25 2006 3:12 PM by GBPackerFan4. 3 replies.
  • Tue, Jul 25 2006 3:49 AM

Question [=?] Being falsely accused of stealing

Hi!
    I Sure hope someone can help me with this.
    If I'am falsely accused of stealing money.Which I KNOW I DID NOT DO! Should I still speak with an attorney about it? I KNOW THAT I'AM INNOCENT AND DID NOT STEAL THIS MONEY! .But I'm affraid that someone may try to frame me and make it look like I stole it. So would speaking to an attorney about this help me in anyway? I certainly do not want to go to jail for something I did not do.

• Tue, Jul 25 2006 1:28 PM In reply to

• LynnM
      Lawyer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 3 2000
    • CA
    • Posts 28,248

re: Being falsely accused of stealing

That's why we have trials - to find the truth.

Yes, you need an attorney.
  • Tue, Jul 25 2006 3:12 PM In reply to

Ok [+0+] re: Being falsely accused of stealing

Thanks. I think someone is doing this to be mean.
    I KNOW I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.
    But I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a good attorney to help me out. In fact I do know of an attorney who would be able help me with this mess.
    Thanks again for your help
  • Tue, Jul 25 2006 3:21 PM In reply to

re: Being falsely accused of stealing

"If I'am falsely accused of stealing money.Which I KNOW I DID NOT DO! Should I still speak with an attorney about it?"

As an outsider, I wouldn't think you'd need to speak with a lawyer until/unless the police want to question you or arrest you, and/or until charges are filed against you.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community