NOISE HARASSMENT FROM NEIGHBOR

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Oct 24 2006 8:39 PM by Sleepless in LA. 2 replies.
  • Tue, Oct 17 2006 3:56 PM

NOISE HARASSMENT FROM NEIGHBOR

NOISE FROM NEIGHBOR
    By: Sleepless in LA - Consumer
    Date: 10/17/2006 3:33:11 PM State: CA

Don't know exactly what category this fits into - I have a neighbor who is bi-polar and doesn't take his meds - he is a 2 strike felon and has threatened other neighbors. He blasts music from his car stereo in his driveway a few times a day, sometimes in the middle of the night. We have called the police, but it usually takes them an hour to come out, if they come out at all, and he usually quits after 20-40 minutes. This is disturbing all my neighbors and we have come together to try to figure out what we can do. The house is owned by his parents - he is an adult (around 35). His parents are afraid of him and refuse to do anything to try to control him.

Is there any crime involved in this situation? Do we have any legal remedy we can pursue against the perpatrator of the noise harassment or his parents, the homeowners?
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 1:19 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: NOISE HARASSMENT FROM NEIGHBOR

If there is a crime free ordinance in the HOA or neighborhood, you might be able to get him out.

I just read your post and he is a renter so its to complain to his parents, and complain to the HOA if you have one. They generally have laws regarding renters and a felon probably should not be living there.

You can also see if your city has a renters line/dept that keeps track of rentals. Some cities require rentals be registered so they can charge a rental tax. They might be able to help with a problem tenant.

If you still see no results, I would threaten the parents with small claims court. See if you can file for monetary damages for the problems he has caused.
  • Tue, Oct 24 2006 8:39 PM In reply to

re: NOISE HARASSMENT FROM NEIGHBOR

Unfortunately, his parents are the owners of the home. I don't think we have an HOA. We did discuss suing the parents, but then I think we wouldn't be able to collect any other way than getting a lien against the property. We wouldn't want to do anything to discourage them from selling the house.

Thanks for your input.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community