Bench Warrant for Non Payment of Child Support

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Jun 1 2006 6:52 PM by Hearst86. 1 replies.
  • Thu, Jun 1 2006 2:48 PM

Question [=?] Bench Warrant for Non Payment of Child Support

If there is a bench warrant for my daughter's father in Decatur, Georgia and Cobb County, Georgia for non payment of child support and missing court date for child abandonment how do I get that served if he moved to NY. Does that mean that he has gotten away because he left the state?
  • Thu, Jun 1 2006 6:52 PM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Bench Warrant for Non Payment of Child Support

If there is a bench warrant out for his arrest on criminal charges, NY will honor it if he is stopped by a traffic cop, for example, and the warrant turns up. However, NY will not go to the expense of returning him to GA. GA (or the relevent county) would have to retrieve him at its expense to face charges in GA.

Lots of times the state or county that issued the warrant does not really want to "pony up" when the time comes. In that case, the state that arrested him would have to let him go.

No way from here to tell what will happen if he should happen to be arrested in NY. If the pending charges are misdemeanors, there is a very good chance that GA will not claim him. The stakes rise if there are multiple charges and/or the charges are serious felonies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community