Does judgement show up on credit report?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Jan 27 2009 4:55 PM by adjuster jack. 4 replies.
  • Mon, Jan 26 2009 9:56 PM In reply to

re: Does judgement show up on credit report?

It could.

Everything is computerized these days.

The credit bureaus do sweeps of court records or have services that do it for them.

It wasn't too long ago that small claims fell through the cracks because they didn't have the sophisticated computerization that they have today.

When I was a landlord more than a decade ago the small claims judgments never made it to credit reports so I always registered my judgments with my Superior Court where it was given a Superior Court case number so it could be picked up by the credit bureaus. I also mailed copies to each of the credit bureaus.

You see, by the time my tenants drove me to the point of suing them I was so ticked off that drawing and quartering wouldn't have satisfied me.

Bottom line, I wouldn't count on it not getting to the credit report these days.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 9:32 AM In reply to

A judgment CAN show up on a credit report. Whether it will in any given case is obviously something we cannot know.
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 4:55 PM In reply to

You're right. His motives are self serving.

I think he realized that he won't get but a fraction of the carpet cost and might even have to give you back some of the 600.

There's nothing stopping you from talking settlement. Settlement negotiations are not an admission of anything and are not admissable in court.

Might be time to find out if he has a number in mind.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community