teen arrested for possession of marijuana

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Jan 20 2008 9:08 PM by LisaQ. 2 replies.
  • Sat, Jan 19 2008 4:57 PM

• kaye22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 19 2008
    • Posts 1

teen arrested for possession of marijuana

My son was arrested for possessing a very small amount of marijuana. the police alledge there had been burglarys reported in the area and pulled up with lights off while my son and a few friends were outside of there vehicle waiting on assistance as there vehicle had ran out of gas. The officers patted them down and found the small amount in my sons pocket. The officer stated he had seen them just before at the movie theatre. The officer stated that my son was cooperative and he called us to come and get him.My son was arrested in summit county but we reside in medina county. In summit county since my son has never been in trouble before, this offense would require no jail time ., and the officer stated he would be released to his parents .However,he was arrested so Is it true that he will have to go to jail in medina and if so, would having a lawyer prevent that? Also, I have heard about a program that costs a lot of money called ADDS that he could be forced to attend as well as we could be forced to attend and that it costs over athousand dollars? Is this true? And I have been told that in Medina the fine could be $1,000 and Ohio state law says he could lose his licsence until he is 21 even though he had not been driving?Would the $500 fee for a lawyer be a help to us or not make a difference at all? How can the two counties be allowed to be so different It sounds like Medina is using children as a way to line the cities pockets.?? Another person told me there son was put in jail for a week and treated poorly and that he was on probation for a year and randomly drug screened and there property routinely searched. Please tell me this isnt true? What should we do? I was also told Medina juvenile judge puts them in jail right away from when you go to court to plea and I really dont think I can bare this! My son really is a good kid most of the time. What should we do other than move to another county!?
  • Sun, Jan 20 2008 9:08 PM In reply to

• LisaQ
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 11 2004
    • Posts 2,304

re: teen arrested for possession of marijuana

“My son was arrested for possessing a very small amount of marijuana the police alledge there had been burglarys reported in the area and pulled up with lights off while my son and a few friends were outside of there vehicle waiting on assistance as there vehicle had ran out of gas. “

The police have to have probable cause to justify performing the search. Your son needs an attorney, this is not a do-it-yourself defense. If you/he can not afford one, the courts will appoint a public defendor, but I think you’re better off with your own private defense attorney.

“My son really is a good kid most of the time. “

And the other time?

“What should we do other than move to another county!?”

Well, maybe just to the West coast. I seem to be one of the last to not be growing marijuana as so many are doing so with growing lights in their home and a medical card. Many of us feel it should be legalized and grown like an agricultural crop so that it can be taxed.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community