Lawyer ignoring me

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 12-10-2006 8:55 PM by AttyatLarge. 3 replies.
  • 11-29-2006 5:59 PM

Sad [:(] Lawyer ignoring me

My lawyer, who is not currently billing me and has agreed to proceed with my case (Home Insurance) with me paying disbursements only, does not seem to be advancing my case. I have asked her to exchange documents and set dates for examinations and every month nothing happens...over 8 months now. The delays are hurting my case (I think)

I can not afford another lawyer and I am scared of the delays but do not know how to proceed. I feel that since she is not charging me I am scared to complain or question.

She does not respond to my emails. I think the case is to much work, more than she expected and may be trying to frustrate me so I go elsewhere.

What should I do?
  • 12-02-2006 10:15 PM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-09-2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,202

Feedback [*=*] re: Lawyer ignoring me

Make an appointment to see the attorney in person to discuee your case. Emails are easy to ignore, a person sitting across from you is not.
  • 12-09-2006 11:41 AM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Lawyer ignoring me

Having been in this situation before, please take my advice. Find another atty. Even if you have to go to a legal aid office, you should consider finding someone who will help your situation. So much time has already passed, things could be worse than you think. If your current attorney is not willing to provide you with neccessary information, whether she is bein paid or not (that was her decision) you have to find someone else.
  • 12-10-2006 8:55 PM In reply to

re: Lawyer ignoring me

If shes not billing you shes likely not doing anything. You better contact her and make sure. Go to her office if necessary.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community