wrongfully charged

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Mar 13 2009 11:21 AM by Cica. 11 replies.
  • Thu, Mar 12 2009 1:05 PM

• imthababy71
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 12 2009
    • GA
    • Posts 5

wrongfully charged

I live in nw Ga. my best friend was arrested 1 weeks ago today for 4 felonies and 2 misd. for criminal trespassing,stalking,k... battery,making terroristic acts,aggravated assult,.when the assulted was shown pictures of the people it could have been she DIDNT chose him , he has never had anything other than a ticket or something in the past , he is 41 yrs old. hard worker,drug free,father and husband .NOT 1 PIECE of evidence do they have on him ! he has no BOND either.he got stuck with the worse public defender they could be .his wife and child both have some form of disability. he has cared for his wife for over 10 yrs from her disability,they both need his help so bad.they dont have money to run out and hire a fancy lawyer.please can someone contact me thru here or thru email and tell us what can we do .is there anyone who could do this like probono?he has offered his DNA ,will take a lie detector even tho it cant be used in court ,it might could be a "helpful witness for him". this family is in dire need of help.please someone help us.we can't find out any  information other than what has been put in our public newspaper.

Ok MaryOk

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 1:13 PM In reply to

• mudpie
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 6 2003
    • WV
    • Posts 1,308

Re: wrongfully charged

In my opinion, if he is not happy with the level of legal care, he can ask the court to appoint a new public defender. Did they try Legal Aid?

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 1:28 PM In reply to

• imthababy71
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • GA
    • Posts 5

no we havent thought of legal aid ,we havent ever been thru anything like this. we have no clue what to do ,ty for ur reply and please feel free to give us any info on anything you think could help us .

Ok MaryOk

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• mudpie
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 6 2003
    • WV
    • Posts 1,308

Seek a free consult from an attorney.

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:53 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,645

"...this family is in dire need of help"

Perhaps your focus should first be to see if you can get some sort of social services assistance for his family.  Surely in your county or city there are services available to provide temorary assistance.

"we can't find out any  information other than what has been put in our public newspaper."

If all that you know about this is coming from the newspaper, you can rest assured that there is much more to the story than what is being printed.  The police and DA do not make a habit of disclosing/revealing all of the details to news agencies.  Even if you have talked directly to your friend, you just have his version of what happened.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 6:45 PM In reply to

With all due respect, you have no idea what evidence is nor what evidence the cops and prosecutor may have.  People don't just get picked up and charged with crimes for no reason at all and that one person was unable ID him does not mean there isn't other evidence and/or witnesses placing him at the scene doing what he's charged with.  You also have no idea nor are you in position to judge what his attorney is or should be doing and whether it's proper or adequate.  I understand you are concerned for your friend but all you can do is provide whatever support you can to him and his family.  Understand that defense attorneys can't make charges disappear nor make prosecutors *drop* charges or make an offer of a lesser charge.  If that is what you and/or the defendant or his family is expecting, you won't find any attorney that will suit you.  The defendant is free to voice his concerns regarding his representation to the court but the court is not required to give him another attorney.

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 10:17 PM In reply to

• imthababy71
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • GA
    • Posts 5

well u dont have to be a [language removed] about anything ,i said i needed help with this for a friend , and i do firsthand know of the public defender that he has , with all due respect u dont know .no one is looking for a hand out ,if u want to know more of what im saying with the ID and eveidence u should run on over to the local newsstand and pick up a copy of the summerville news and you will see clear as day what we see ok? so id much rather you not tell me jack nothing anymore for the sole fatc is we dont need to be kicked when were down .get u a copy and look since u know so much more than i do and it willgive u something to think about and sure u have heard of innocent ppl in jail all the time havent u ? yes this does happen more than you think

Ok MaryOk

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 10:19 PM In reply to

• imthababy71
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • GA
    • Posts 5

yes thank you we went to the local afdc office and they are aplying for food stamps so this is a start. we are calling the legal aid tomarrow they was closed today .ty so much for letting us know about this .we knew about this at one point in time but this past week has been had on remembering just about anything ,lol ty have a very blessed day

Ok MaryOk

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 10:20 PM In reply to

• imthababy71
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • GA
    • Posts 5

we are meeting a lawyer monday who doesnt charge to just hear the case .ty so much for letting us know or reminding us of this .have a blessed day

Ok MaryOk

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:52 AM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,206

Don't waste your time with legal aid.  Other than in New York City, Legal Aid Societies are prohibited by Federal law from taking criminal cases.  IN New York, their public defenders office has been called legal aid since it began and is not the same as legal aid in other areas.

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:54 AM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,206

Please abide by the rules and refrain from foul language.  Gemini was just trying to give you some factual information.  If you don't want the truth, don't post.  He wasn't trying to kick anyone when they were down.

He is right, if you get all your information from the Newspaper or the defendant's family, you have no idea what evidence the police have.  Just be prepared that it may not be as cut and dried as you may think it is.

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 11:21 AM In reply to

• Cica
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 23 2003
    • Posts 6,520

Agree [=|=] Re: wrongfully charged

DOCAR:
    Please abide by the rules and refrain from foul language. Gemini was just trying to give you some factual information. If you don't want the truth, don't post. He wasn't trying to kick anyone when they were down. He is right, if you get all your information from the Newspaper or the defendant's family, you have no idea what evidence the police have. Just be prepared that it may not be as cut and dried as you may think it is.

Agreed. Though he might not know your friend's situation in full detail, neither do you. Regardless, he could be quite familiar with similar situations.

From the news aspect, I can guarantee you that what is printed or broadcast is selected and it doesn't provide detail involving the situation in whole. Instead it's a release based upon what one person learned. The story might end there or it might continue, and that will be up to editorial.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community