Representative Payee Bank Account

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Mar 31 2009 6:22 PM by jennie1605. 0 replies.
  • Tue, Mar 31 2009 6:22 PM

    • jennie1605
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 31 2009
    • FL
    • Posts 3

    Representative Payee Bank Account

    When Social Security requires a person to have a representative payee and that person sets up a bank account titled "Jane Doe, John Doe Rep Payee For" who has direct access through the bank to the funds in the account? 

    If my understanding is correct that only the payee is allowed to have access to the account, then who is responisible when the bank gives full access of the account to the beneficiary through the use of a debit card in only there name and withdrawals from banking centers?

    Also, if it is the bank's responisibility to protect the funds from bein withhdrawn by anyone other then the payee and they are not willing to take that responisibility when it happens who or what body of goverment would one go to for resoultion?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community