Drivers License Suspened Due to Insurance Judgement

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 04-08-2009 1:23 PM by tiaje. 4 replies.
  • 04-04-2009 8:33 PM

• tiaje
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-21-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 5

Drivers License Suspened Due to Insurance Judgement

Hello. My hsuband received a letter suspending his drivers license due to insufficient payment on a judgement resulting from an accident where the other party claimed bodily injury and he only had PIP insurance. Are there any options he has to get the license re-instated short of paying the full judgement? Also, if unpaid, what else can they do to make our lives any more difficult? We are both unemployed and for the first time falling behind on everything. Can they go after me for anything(driver license suspension, credit history, assets, etc) even though I was not named in the judgement?

• 04-04-2009 8:57 PM In reply to

Re: Drivers License Suspened Due to Insurance Judgement

Both his license and owner's tags are/will be suspended and in order to obtain reinstatement, he must get SR-22 insurance and have it certified for 3 years and also obtain releases from the victim/s that they were compensated fully for their bodily injuries.  According to the FL Bureau of Financial Responsibility, the license, tags and registration can be suspended for up to 20 years or until the entire judgment is satisfied.  The judgment creditor can use whatever collection avenues are available under FL law in order to collect which can include attaching property and bank accounts so your interest in that property will certainly be effected.

• 04-07-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• Ric O. la
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2009
    • MN
    • Posts 3

How did they get the judgement? Was this an amount you agreed to? You stated you did not make full payment. Were you making payments on this? I ask because I had a threat made by an insurance company against my sons license if we didn't pay a their subro claim in full. At what point did this end up with collection? 

• 04-08-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

• tiaje
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-21-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 5

thank you.

• 04-08-2009 1:23 PM In reply to

• tiaje
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-21-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 5

It was not aggreed to. It was what they presented to the judge in court and they received favor. He was making payments until he lost his job and then we had a baby. It has never went to collection that I know of. Once we went to court, the judgement was rendered and I never heard anything else from them till we got the suspension notice.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community