Siblings Sharing a Room

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 04-21-2009 11:06 AM by ca19lawyer2. 11 replies.
  • 04-14-2009 1:59 AM

Siblings Sharing a Room

Does anyone know if there is a US law in regards to brother and sister sharing a room?  My son is 2 and my step daughter who is here about 4 days a month is 6.  Would the sleeping sistuation be considered differently if she was here a greater amount?  From the little research I've done it seems like there is more of a guidline.  No different sex room sharing near puberty.

• 04-14-2009 2:37 AM In reply to

Re: Siblings Sharing a Room

There is no way a federal law would ever be enacted to dictate such a thing and there is no state that is that intrusive either.

• 04-14-2009 11:45 AM In reply to

Why are you asking?

Is the CP giving you grief about it?

You seem to be having numerous issues with the CP.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 04-14-2009 1:53 PM In reply to

Jack you have no idea.  Yep thats exactly why I ask. 

• 04-14-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

No, there is no law that prohibits siblings from sharing a room.

• 04-14-2009 3:12 PM In reply to

Well, yeah, I have a good idea from your previous posts.

While there is no law against the arrangement, if the CP brings your husband to court about it, who knows what might happen.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 04-14-2009 3:12 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 49,509

Unless the room is super small and its capacity at 2 exceeds some local law as to square footage  I don't see the point. Yes, for folks on welfare they may get separate bedrooms depending on age and sex of child---but they are more equal than rest of mere taxpayers.

And the local laws as to packing folks in rooms are frequently hard to enforce if the issue is selective enforcement along ethnic lines.

If parent puts in bunks for 3 --so be it!

There are 50 states plus a few districts, commonwealths and protectorates --which one did you have in mind.

• 04-14-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

Wow Drew.  I had in mind Arizona both maricopa and navajo counties.  What are you referring too "Yes, for folks on welfare they may get separate bedrooms depending on age and sex of child---but they are more equal than rest of mere taxpayers."?   I dont think CP would make this an issue in court.  Just another of many reasons to harrass NCP.  I never know though so I like to double check any facts CP may be trying to send our way.

• 04-14-2009 4:10 PM In reply to

My daughter ran into some public housing stipulations for the number of bedrooms  v.s the number of family members, but nothing about what you mentioned.

• 04-14-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

Now I see what your talking about.  2 people per bedroom per the fair housing website.

• 04-15-2009 6:21 PM In reply to

No such laws . . .

The fundamental idea of US Government is that it stays out of our private lives.

- Persons accepting public assistance can have strings tied to that assistance.

- Persons who have come under the watch of CPS, through the courts, can have restrictions placed on sleeping arrangements and such.  These restrictions are commonly extrapolated out to everybody else, but that's incorrect.  If you aren't under court jurisdiction, the court can't tell you what to do.

- Restrictions on housing and such couldn't be sex-based as far as I know.  That's not rationally related to any problem the government would be dealing with.

The idea that kids can't share a bedroom with their siblings presupposes that all children are potential sex offenders.  That's just not reasonable.

• 04-21-2009 11:06 AM In reply to

BonusMomE:
    Does anyone know if there is a US law in regards to brother and sister sharing a room?

Yes.  There is no such law.

BonusMomE:
    Would the sleeping sistuation be considered differently if she was here a greater amount?

I don't really know what this means. Considered by whom?

BonusMomE:
    From the little research I've done it seems like there is more of a guidline. No different sex room sharing near puberty.

There is absolutely no law in any state that prohibits children from sharing a room regardless of gender. Whether some parenting expert or pseudo-expert or people with opinions think it's a good idea is irrlevant to any legal issue.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community