Remove Judgement from Credit Report

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, May 6 2009 11:20 AM by adjuster jack. 1 replies.
  • Wed, May 6 2009 12:55 AM

Remove Judgement from Credit Report

A couple of years ago I was sued for loss of resale value after rear ending a car.  My father (I was a minor at the time) and insurance company were also listed in the suit.  The judgement was to award the plaintiff some amount of dollars which was promptly paid by the insurance company.

This judgement is now on my credit report for 4 more years (it having already been 3).  It seems to me that the purpose of court judgement listing in credit reports is more for bankruptcy which this is not.

Can it be removed from my credit report on the basis that it was immediately paid in full and I have been "released and discharged"?  Can it be removed on the basis that it was covered under insurance and I actually did not have to pay anything?

Thank you.

• Wed, May 6 2009 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: Remove Judgement from Credit Report

Terminatristik:
    It seems to me that the purpose of court judgement listing in credit reports is more for bankruptcy which this is not.

You are seriously wrong on that count.

Terminatristik:
    Can it be removed from my credit report on the basis that it was immediately paid in full and I have been "released and discharged"? Can it be removed on the basis that it was covered under insurance and I actually did not have to pay anything?

No.

It cannot be removed at all.

At best, it should be shown as a satisfied judgment.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community