need a good lawyer!! in IL , Lake County

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-26-2009 3:50 AM by Vadgue.1026. 8 replies.
  • 05-20-2009 9:59 AM

• kukla
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-14-2009
    • IL
    • Posts 17

need a good lawyer!! in IL , Lake County

Please, does anybody can recomend a good one in Lake County IL?

My husband has hired a new attorney and now seems like everybody tells me then "THAT" guy is tuff and impossible to work with. That your case will not go anywhere..I talked to a few attorneys over the phone and their feedback is the same. SO, Since I can't use his name here, I can ask somebody to help me to find the same agressive type attorney in our area? if you do know someone, please reffer me to a link or his info.

• 05-20-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,982

Re: need a good lawyer!! in IL , Lake County

Searching for a better fighter is you to you locally---cast a wider net.

I know one gal in a county generally regarded as having few top divorce attorneys who went for paid consults with every such attorney in county--thus conflicting every one of them out of the battle except the one she chose--her enemy needed to go 2 counties away to get an equivalent bulldog--so be it.

So you need to go 2 counties away?

If XX is considered one of the nasty apples to go up against in my area I'll bet in a couple of days I can get a short list of other recommendations of folks equally tough--so can you!

• 05-20-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

• kukla
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-14-2009
    • IL
    • Posts 17

seems like u r the only one who promptly answers my questions. Thank you. To be hunest, verbs u use sound confusing to me, but I'd like to get that list of those "nasty" ones as my husband's. Are you a lawyer by chance? Thank anyway!

• 05-20-2009 10:47 AM In reply to

So you really think it is in the best interest of the kids for both of you to get sharks for attorneys and make the divorce as miserable as possible? There is also no way you are going to be able to revoke this adoption, your husband is her father. Your daughter has already been abandoned by her first father, now you want this one to abandon her too?  What exactly are both of you trying to accomplish? Do you realize you can spend $20k on legal fees and get absolutely nowhere? I think you need to start thinking rartionally before you both do something you might regret and spend a fortune and nothing get done.

• 05-20-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• kukla
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-14-2009
    • IL
    • Posts 17

No, , adoption was just a question.. I needed to know my option!, You do not understand the situation, it always so easy to say - she needs a dad!  They have NO REALTIONSHIPS!!! So far, my oldest daughter is so stressed, her friends in school have noteced that and told your that she has changed, I'm so glad she is so open with me, My husband never had  good connections with her. Both girls are hurt of THIS. I try to understand HOW COME our LAW looks at the children Best interest, Tell me, What benefits are they getting right now where they live with divorcing parents, watching all this, watching me crying, been unhappy, by listening their dad's comment, talk about me, knowing how I feel about him, how he feels about me. He goes on dates, they know that, I have a friend (one!) , they know that,. He interrogates the kids by asking them (actually only youngest one, because the oldest one does not talk to him) questions like " where did you go with mom, who was there with you, was 'X' there, are u telling me the truth, if not, then I'm going to find out and I will not be doing anything with you..." He also tell my oldest daughter things like "Your mom chose her boyfriend over you, sorry!" I'm So close to my girls! They absolutely do not live with him. I talk to them and want to make sure that they should spend time with him as well. I talk to my little one, saying that your dad loves you and he will do everything for you... and more. But she prefers to spend some time with him, not a night with him. After so many conversations with her, I 've explained to her that her life will change and she will be spending her time with him every other weekend and a few nights a week... She seems to be OK with that. BUT- All this will be ok when I can move out with the girls. Now it's horrible! Since he does not sign a PA that was prepared by a mediator and there nothing new there on what we have agreed during those mediations, I can't do a move!  How All this is beneficial for my kids! They cry every night! The little one is so afraid to tell thing to her dad that she tells me! Is this Fair to them!  Can someone evaluate this situation? And Is there a MAX TIME of period when PA should be signed?????  He is so happy for making my life miserable! He sees the girls every night, no scheduled weekends, he pays for the mortg., I pay for all activities, school, food, utillities bills, i pay for family medical ins, now need to pay for summer camps, gifts, clothes. We also have a property in CA, he pays for that and gets rent back. Yes he is "underwater" there for 800 /month. I have offered him to sell it as :"Foreclosure", he does not want it, I have offered him to sell our house and keep it, I need nothing but Wasn't to move out with the girls. I'm not going to seek his child support until we sell those properties. By the way, he is selling our house, He is a realtor (not a full time), he  has listed the house. It's been on the market more than 120 days, he does not want to drop the price. People do not come to see it. I do not know why My attorney is not filing a motion yet about this issue, I want to hire an independent agency and be fully aware what's going on. SO, Now he has hired a lawyer who is known as non - rushing one. He does not speed his cases, will be lots of contineueses... It will take forever!!! Can you imagine my life? And you tell me that I want a miserable divorce - NO, you tell me that My daughter need a dad! - yes she needs one, but does she need  JUST a dad??? Does she need a support, love, friendship from her dad? If My husband does not let her to go with me to Canada for Memorial Day weekend just because he THINKS that My friend might come with us and she got really upset with that. She is 14!, She understands everything. Why he is punishing her if he is angry with me??? Where is the fairness??? And after all that he tell  her that I made a choice - your mom chose him over you" - That's not true!. I'm going with my family, brother's family, cousin's and wanted to take her with me, even knowing that my friend might join us. I was not going to be with him in the same hotel room! Where is the problem??? Again, sorry, you got me! I need a practical advice and find a lawyer who will be helping me by building a tragedy, plans,, what to do to move out. Financial part, I'll be dealing with later! Sorry, can you suggest something? Anybody?

IL, Lake county, Mundelien

• 05-20-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

• kukla
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-14-2009
    • IL
    • Posts 17

I meant to say not this - this!

They absolutely do not WANT live with him.

• 05-25-2009 8:52 AM In reply to

kukla,

having gone thru a nasty divorce myself what i'm writing is my opinion,some things you probably won't like to hear.first who cares what he is doing worry about yourself and your children with your children being first,they did not choose the situation.next why are you bringing another man around your children? resolve this situation first before you move on to another situation.do not bring anyone else around your kids.(in my opinion selfish behavior).Try as hard as you can not to fight,(i know this is a very difficult) If he starts a fight walk away and try to take the high road,if you guys can't agree on things maybe your lawyer could ask for a pretrial conference with the judge (this worked wonders for my case as my ex was draging the process out) my decree stated that i must take any offer that was within 90% of the asking price.this could also be addressed at the pretrial.hopefully you can find a honest lawyer,imo they are hard to find my experience has been that they like to generate cash flow with continuances and not showing up for court.The judges are ex lawyers and they won't get the lawyers going if one party is draging their feet.You asked about fairness, well don't worry the whole process isn't fair because it is the death of a family there isn't any way to make it fair just forget about fairness,but you can make it a liveable situation.

good luck with this and try to put your kids first.This will pass with time.Remember as far as we know we have but one life try and make whatever time you have left on this earth count and don't agree or sign anything you don't understand because once you sign on the dotted line you will have to abide by the order.any changes will cost more money that could be spent on the kids.

• 05-25-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

One way to find a good lawyer is to check out local divorce support groups and talk to other women who have gone through divorce. You'll learn real fast who the effective lawyers and whch ones aren't.

Craigslist Chicago has a divorce forum where you can probably post the same question:

http://chicago.craigsl...

And you might find other local divorce forums by googling same.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community