Child Support after the child turns 18 under the old law.

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 07-05-2009 9:33 AM by adjuster jack. 1 replies.
  • 07-04-2009 6:19 PM

• taz67
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • NV
    • Posts 1

Child Support after the child turns 18 under the old law.

I have a question about child support. My question is: If a child is 18 and falls under the old law and born in 1991 and the mother has signed papers with child support enforcement years ago to drop all back and forward child support and the child is already 18 like I said, can the mother go through the courts to get the back child support she has signed to drop? The mother and child both live in Virginia and the support was done in the Virginia courts also. I know she can't go through the child support enforcement to get this money cause that is what they told me. The fathers support papers state that he is to pay until the youngest child is 18 or Graduate which ever occurs first and the age came first (18). If you could please let me know that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you very much,

• 07-05-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: Child Support after the child turns 18 under the old law...

taz67:
    the mother has signed papers with child support enforcement years ago to drop all back and forward child support

Probably can't even begin to answer your question without knowing the terms and conditions of what the mother signed and why it was signed in the first place.

taz67:
    can the mother go through the courts to get the back child support she has signed to drop?

Anybody can go "through the courts" for anything. Successfully doing so is another story. Courts are loath to overturn a written agreement where the parties or party had reason to make the agreement and knew what they were doing, but I suppose it could happen.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community