Daughters taken away from adoptive parents "Open Adoption"

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 07-29-2009 1:10 PM by LynnM. 9 replies.
  • 07-26-2009 11:47 PM

Daughters taken away from adoptive parents "Open Adoption"

Biological children taken from adoptive family 2 1/2 years ago from children services, massachusetts. the same children services who threatened me into giving them up in 1999 for open adoption all because  the worker did not like me because i had a girlfriend at the time. The worker said i could not stay in a stable relationship. the worker said eaither you agree to open adoption or i will make sure you never see them again and will go for a closed. well i love my girls with all my heart so i went for open even though i did not want to. but we all know the courts listen to what children services says and not the parents. ok so i am the biological mom and i just got full guardianship back of my 16 year old daughter and now i go in 2 weeks to get full guardinship of my 13 year old daughter who is living with a friends parents in mass.. I am now married living in wisconsin. Can the adoption be over turned  for wrongful adoption and my parental right reinstated? they refuse to pay child support or take names off birth papers so I can get help? children services said they will never get the girls back and should have never been aloud to adopt them in the first place.

• 07-27-2009 2:28 PM In reply to

Re: Daughters taken away from adoptive parents "Open Adoptio...

It wasn't wrongful.  You agreed to it and the court record will reflect that.

The proper avenue here would be for you to adopt them, thereby establishing the parent-child relationship.

• 07-27-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

You agreed to the adoption. Your only option at this point is to adopt them yourself.

• 07-27-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

Ok next question,  do I have to go to the state the adoptive parents live in to adopt my girls?

Since I will have full guardinship of them,  but I recieved  this guardinship in Massachusetts and live in Wisconsin.

• 07-27-2009 8:27 PM In reply to

Probably - I would suggest contacting an adoption lawyer in the state that has jurisdictionover the children.

• 07-28-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

Likely have to file in the state that took custody.  If you have only guardianship and they've been removed from the custody of the adoptive parents, it sounds like their state has custody.

• 07-28-2009 8:05 PM In reply to

I was appointed Permanent Guardian by the state od Massachusetts.  The deparment of childrens service had custody but gave me permanent guardianship in court.  The paper says I was hereby apponited guardian of said child, without surety on his or her bond, and with custody.  I would think If i have permanent guardianship I could apply for adoption in my state?

• 07-28-2009 8:22 PM In reply to

You would be wrong.

• 07-28-2009 8:40 PM In reply to

So I would have to apply for the adoption in the state the adoptive parents are in because they have the right to be there or is it because I have to apply to have there rights terminated?

• 07-29-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

Because that is the state that has jurisdiction over the children.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community