my right on drug testing by my pain management doctor

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, Aug 29 2016 3:01 PM by ca19lawyer2. 35 replies.
  • Fri, Mar 13 2015 2:14 PM In reply to

• Tim042
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 13 2015
    • AZ
    • Posts 1

Re: my right on drug testing by my pain management doctor

PrezcottThis is out of control. I am being harassed by my VA doctor, dr. Kazi at the Prescott, AZ. VA Hospital over the use of my oxycodone, which I have been on for 9 years. First when the doctor takes over he tells me that I am on to much Oxycodone, as if he feels the pain I'm in since being injured during war, suffering from numerous injuries which intail a ruptured kidney, lacerated liver, 8 hurniated disks with 3 cord inpigments, and being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia. Chronic Joint and muscle pain and the loss of use of my legs that constantly spasam which are all service connected injuries. Yet while he lives a pain free life, which I cant even remember having, I'm told that I am on to much oxycodone which not only have I cut back on but I continue to live with pain while taking them. In the last 3 1/2 months he has drug tested me twice last month stating on the day before I'm due them that he will discontinue if I don't take the test. I have been tested numerous times this year, with all of them resulting in no other medications except what I am perscribed. This last test 1 month ago coming back the same. So this month only 30 days from the last drug test, after submitting my request for a refill 10 days in advance I called my nurse the day my perscription is due since it wasn't showing it being filled, I contacted my nurse, who states that he is sorry but the doctor again wants me to take another drug test (this time blood) before he releases my oxycodone again. This is so stressful and uncalled for. I truly believe that this is medical harassment, so I file a complaint with the social worker at my VA who informed me that he has had several complaints on this subject, especially requesting drug test on the day of and the day before a refill is due. The Social Worker stated that she will look into this and I explained to her that I am ready to contact a lawyer and file a lawsuit on the doctor and the VA especially since I'm not the only one to complain about this and nothing is being done about this issue as usual with the VA now a days. The only reason I got it released this time was because I have been bed ridden with dual Staph resistant infections in my head awaiting surgery on the 24th for approximately 3 months. If there is another Veteran having these same issues please reply as maybe we can put a stop to this harassment by the VA together. Good luck my fellow brother and sister Veterans. Tim

• Wed, Jul 13 2016 12:52 AM In reply to

• Mbfh
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 13 2016
    • FL
    • Posts 1

ClydesMom:
    While many practices have gone to electronic prescriptions there are just as many who have not.  Another issue is that in many states a prescription for a Schedule II narcotic MUST be in writing with the physician's actual signature to be valid.

Incorrect. This changed at the end of 2015, though many doctors do not utilize it, for obvious reasons.

https://www.healthit.gov/buzz-blog/health-information-exchange-2/electronic-prescribing-controlled-substances-rise/

• Wed, Jul 13 2016 8:37 AM In reply to

Mbfh:
    Incorrect. This changed at the end of 2015, though many doctors do not utilize it, for obvious reasons.

No it didn't change.  Read what you linked to again:

"Now, thanks to health information technology tools, patients in nearly all 50 states can have their medications prescribed electronically."

Not to mention you weren't even smart enough to see that I posted that statement in 2013 TWO years prior to that law changing in some states.  If you are going to quote me at least do so correctly.

There are still states where controlled substances cannot be prescribed without a written script.  Even if it CAN be many providers still are not using electronic prescriptions yet.  The controls that have to be in place are cumbersome and many practices especially smaller ones are not able to undertake that expense.  

My physician does not use electronic prescriptions yet either for any drug let alone narcotics.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Wed, Jul 13 2016 8:38 AM In reply to

Mbfh:
    Incorrect. This changed at the end of 2015

And the post to which you were responding was dated in September 2013.

Any particular reason you thought resurrecting such an old thread was a good idea?

• Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:04 PM In reply to

• heavensnme
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 27 2016
    • IL
    • Posts 1

I agree with you 100 % and to add to this, I get them too I dont understand why, they test  me for pot I dont use . They should be testing ppl for booze , when mixing those 2 are way more deadlier than marijuana. I would see so many ppl that have died because they mixed drinking  with narcotics but nooooooooo why dont they look and treat ppl for that? And why in the bloody ***heck arent they looking for cocaine or crack or meth??? They are fullashit its all about the money kids all about the money. And covering thier azzez :)

• Mon, Aug 29 2016 3:01 PM In reply to

Seven year old thread, dumbazz....

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community