falsely accused of sexual child abuse

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 10-08-2009 1:56 PM by LynnM. 5 replies.
  • 10-05-2009 12:35 PM

• stefcam3
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 2

falsely accused of sexual child abuse

My son is being charged with alot of heinous charges that he is innocent of, in Delaware. i'm afraid the public defenders office is not going to help much. We don't have much money but can make payments. does anyone know of a pro bono lawyer or a lawyer that can help us. We don't know what to do. please help

• 10-05-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

Good gravy . . .

"afraid the public defenders office is not going to help much"

And where do you come up with that?  PDs have lots of cases, but they are usually highly competent attorneys.  Your son apparently doesn't even have a PD yet, but you already believe he'll be a dumptruck?

There is some myth out there that there are pro bono attorneys.  There are attorneys who take individual cases because they are kind, but they certainly don't advertise.  Attorneys have bills just like everyone else.  Actual pro bono attorneys normally work for large groups with a unified that receives lots of donations.  ACLU, NRA, AARP, etc.

Best way to find an attorney is word of mouth.

Be thankful you're in a country that provides free legal representation, instead of just shooting people out behind the courthouse.

Free Attorney?  No.  Free ice cream?  Yea!!!

• 10-05-2009 12:56 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,377

Re: falsely accused of sexual child abuse

You don't mention your son's age, but if he is an adult and he qualifies for a PD, good for him.  If your son is a minor he may still qualify for a PD.  If so, take advantage of it.

On what do you base your belief that he is innocent of the charges?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 10-05-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

• stefcam3
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 2

my son is 27 yrs old. He has 3 boys of his own. He would never do anything like this, has never in his life been accused of anything like this, he swears he is innocent. I believe him. you have to know the whole story and i'm not going to post it on here.

• 10-08-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

• CJJC
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2009
    • WI
    • Posts 6

Give the PD a chance.I got introuble when I was younger and I had a PD they're there to help.They wanted to charge me with homocide on my brother cause I was driving the car but my PD got it dropped down to negligent so give them a chance

• 10-08-2009 1:56 PM In reply to

Which is why he needs an attorney.

But unless you were there at the time you cannot know for sure what happened.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community