How to get out of a timeshare.

Latest post 10-02-2014 12:47 PM by wyhuang120. 81 replies.
  • 11-17-2011 10:50 PM In reply to

Re: How to get out of a timeshare.

brandonbrooks711:

What if the timeshare company cannot find my contract?  We have requested it and they said 7 business days and it has never arrived.  When I called first, they said they did not have access to them right now.  Is there anyway to use that in order to get out of contract or not pay rising maintenance fee costs?

You can bet that, if you stopped paying, they'd find your contract in a hurry and sue you for the money.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 11-20-2011 8:00 PM In reply to

• MTUNDU
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-20-2011
    • IA
    • Posts 1

If you are still offering information regarding getting rid of timeshare I would really appreciate your help..Thank you (Dana N)

• 11-20-2011 9:38 PM In reply to

MTUNDU:

If you are still offering information regarding getting rid of timeshare I would really appreciate your help..Thank you (Dana N)

There's really nothing new to add.

You're in the same boat as anybody else with a time share. You're stuck with it unless you are willing to pay to get out of it.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 02-10-2012 1:14 PM In reply to

Hello,

I read your blog with great interest! we are looking into unloading a timeshare in Kissimmee Florida and all i have been finding is 1 scam after another. PLEASE send any info you have about donating it. we contacted a site and by the time it was finished, we would have paid them about 1200.00 to donate it. I truly appreciate any info you could share. thanks!

• 09-04-2012 11:07 PM In reply to

• jkm7102
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-04-2012
    • AZ
    • Posts 1

I would be very interested in any information you have on dontaing timeshares.  Our timeshare is paid in full but we owe about 1500 in maintenance fees.  We filed bankruptcy last year and money is tight. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

• 10-02-2012 7:00 PM In reply to

I was wondering if you might share with me your knowledge on donating a timeshare. We have one we bought & paid off back in 2004, are current on all fees and we just want out of it. I've already tried sellign it, bartering it, and looking into the give back companies. So any way to rid ourselves of this without paying would be great. Thanks for your time.

• 01-19-2013 5:31 PM In reply to

We have a timeshare.  We are a couple of years behind in maintenance They are just starting to make noises about taking us to court We want out.  Do not want any money for it.  any ideas

thanks so much and maybe it is time to write that book Publish  it on the web.  nice residual income opportunity for you. 

• 01-19-2013 5:49 PM In reply to

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Since you are already behind on your fees, have you thought about offering the deed back in lieu of what you owe?

This way the resort would save money on not going to foreclosure.

• 04-17-2013 11:40 AM In reply to

To be honest, getting rid of a timeshare is not as easy as buying one. In fact, there are many timeshare owners who are even willing to give away theirs even for free. However, it is important to know that every timeshare contract has a rescission period. This rescission period depends of the timeshare law regulations of the city or country where the purchase was made. The good news is that timeshare cancellation is possible, even when the rescission period has already expired. 

• 04-25-2013 10:08 AM In reply to

Hello,

I am interested in learning More about the process. My wife and I are sick of paying for this time share that we don't use and won't use. We signed up Two years ago and never used it. When we tried to use it to go to Mexico This past April we found out that going through the Hotel was actually a better price. There is no set place for the time share since you can go to any of their participating Hotels around the world. Please your advice would be greatly apreciated since now we are about to have a baby and can't afford to continue to make the payments with the new addintion

• 04-25-2013 1:52 PM In reply to

Call the timeshare company and try to talk to someone about forfeiting your timeshare back to them. Be persistent. I guarantee you they will keep trying to brush you off unless you make a big stick about it...kind of like the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". If they don't accomodate you, find out what parent company (if any) owns them and pester them to let you forfiet your timeshare back to the company. I'm certain it won't be free (I had to pay $500 to cover the cost of the quit claim deed & filing paperwork) but it's worth it for you to do everything you can to get them to take it back.

Page 3 of 6 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community